Ascend.

Ascend.

A Poem by T. Wes Smith

Die a heroic death, or live long enough to become a villain,

the shot that rings true to everyone, proving that there is no path, no choice on which way to go, no one will ever ascend, to the heights of their own halo.

Balance it is pretentious, a cloak, misguided actions and thoughts, invoked out of selfish desires, nothing of a selfless design exist, we may never ascend, to the heights of our halos,

 unclog the scene in your mind, decide not to fall into the misinterpretations, the ambient ring that seems to reside just above your soul, perhaps mantled on your horns.

 Let’s all pretend to have the purist of objectives; no one will call your bluff, because we all are singing the same tune. We all pretend we are perfect, while the world we live in falls into oblivion. May we all ascend to the height of our halos, just so it may embrace the neck with a tight grasp, and end the preaching of self-righteous hypocrites.

© 2012 T. Wes Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very interesting:) i love absolutely every line! but... my fav is... no one will call your bluff, because we all are singing the same tune. We all pretend we are perfect, while the world we live in falls into oblivion. So true! Keep up the good work:) Write some more and I will return the favor:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

338 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 17, 2011
Last Updated on January 4, 2012

Author

T. Wes Smith
T. Wes Smith

Columbus, OH



About
I am from Ohio, i love to write, tell me what you think, I am closing my read request because they are hard to keep up with while being stuck out here working my a*s off, plus I refuse to answer to re.. more..

Writing