Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by smashinhonest

Two hours, eight minutes and three seconds left for Hazel’s departure to New York City. Hazel was really excited on spending the summer with only her friends- No twin sister Suzy.

She and Suzy are identical twins, and the only reason why people can tell them apart is because Suzy dyed her hair red, and because she has way lower IQ than Hazel.

 Other than the hair color and IQ they both were identical. Hazel’s got all the brains, otherwise, Suzy wouldn’t’ve drunk The Witch’s potion two hours before her sister’s flight to New York.

It was when Hazel was closing her suit case, ready to call her best bud to come and pick her up, and head together to the airport when she heard harsh banging on her bedroom’s door.

 “OH MY GOD!” Suzy yelled, ”Haz- Oh my god!”  Suzy kicked her twin’s door.

“What?” Hazel snapped when she yanked the door open. “Cant you- OH GOD!” Hazel screamed, looking away from her sister, wide eyed and probably going crazy.

No this must be her Imagination.

Hazel slowly turned to face Suzy again…

“Wherere your arms!?” Hazel yelled, looking at Suzy who had no arms. There wasn’t blood on her or anything. Her arms simply weren’t there.

Suzy started crying now, and breathing heavily, from what seemed out of panic and not pain. Suzy looked at Hazel as she knew exactly what was going on with her, only hazel was too busy recovering from shock. ‘Calm down!’ she told herself.

It took her a while to be her calm and collected self again, but you couldn’t really blame her. It was like watching your own reflection slowly fading off the mirror, and it freaked Hazel out.

Hazel took a deep breath, and brought her thumb to her mouth. This was not happening now. She had a plane to catch, and a whole summer vacation planned out.

“What happened?” Hazel asked, more irritated than shocked now. Something told her she won’t be going to New York this summer. ‘This had got something to do with The Witch’ Hazel thought.

Suzy told her what happened, how she found a blue colored liquid in a funny-looking container and how she drank it like an idiot, and now she was slowly turning invisible. It was hard to keep up with Suzy talking while sobbing, but hazel managed, and placed a hand on Suzy’s now invisible shoulder, to comfort her. Suzy’s whole lower body was gone now.

“why am I invisible, Haz? I’m supposed to go the beach with Mandy and the guys today” She sniffed.

Hazel wondered why she drank it, and asked her. “It reminded me of a Nail Polish Remover”

Silence.

“And?” Hazel got impatient

“And nothing! I always wanted to know how a Nail Polish Remover would taste like; don’t you always wonder how would  a Nail Polish Remover taste like?”

Hazel stared. Suzy was just a head now- an airhead without a body.

Hazel face palmed, “No one,” she started, and Suzy winced at her tone, “I mean no one! Wonders how a Nail Polish Remover would taste like-WHAT were you thinking?”

What was she thinking? Suzy probably wasn’t thinking. She started sobbing again, and by the time Hazel finished scolding her, Suzy had officially turned invisible, face and all. Hazel could only hear her sobs, staring at nothing but the furniture of her bedroom.

 “Do you still have it?” Hazel hoped Suzy didn’t move, so that she was still staring at her, not the desk.

 “Yeah” Suzy replied.

“Go get it then” Hazel ordered.

Suzy did not drink it entirely, thank god. Hazel sniffed the potion; oddly it smelled like alcohol and chemicals rather than a magical potion. Hazel wondered if magic has a scent, or if all potions smelled like chemical acids.

 “Alright, wait- you there?” Hazel’s eyes searched for her sister. Suzy stopped crying and was silent so she couldn’t tell where she stood exactly.

“In front of you!” Suzy snapped.

“Right,” Hazel cleared her throat, “Sorry.”

Suzy started crying again, “What should I do, Haz?” Suzy asked Hazel expecting her to have a genius plan to fix this mess.

Hazel was thinking about how long it would take to fix Suzy. Hopefully, it wouldn’t take longer than two hours. In two hours Hazel had to be in the airport with her friends, or else she could kiss her long waited trip to The City goodbye.

Hazel could just make Suzy wait till after summer, but she cannot leave her sister like this; I mean come on. Shes invisible.

Suzy needed her.

Hazel frowned, “Come on- wait where are you?” She lost her again.

“Right here” She heard her voice on the right, beside the door.

“Ok, we’re going to The Witch. She’s the one who created the potion in the first place, I’m sure she can do something about it” Hazel paused, “Don’t speak- like, at all. I’ll do the talking you just stay put okay?” Hazel knew if she could see her sister, she’d be nodding. And so they both headed to The Witch’s layer. 



© 2014 smashinhonest


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on June 3, 2014
Last Updated on June 3, 2014


Author

smashinhonest
smashinhonest

About
New to all this, still haven't posted anything yet, but I'm working on a few stories, and hopefully I'll improve with your honest reviews and comments. :33 Oh and please DON'T go easy on me with your.. more..

Writing