and I

and I

A Poem by smear

Fire, heart, burning.
Ashes, soot, soil.
Gardens, stars, galaxies.
Systems, worlds, niche.
Home, you, and I.


She saunters along the clouds above, looking down on the world we knew. It is when spoken to, that I see forever in her eyes, and in my heart. For too long now I’ve wondered where I can find her, if she is alive. And I think, well, aren’t we all? The skies grow dark and her voice is low, humming me into submission for the day that lingers over the precipice. Her prophecy, her manner, an edifice.


I too will one day fall over the edge, arms wide as I free fall. But, it is only windy, and the cliff face is my new plane. Confusion picks away at my brain, and I look back. The cliff is still there, my question unanswered. I look over the edge. A sky, where the old country had once been. There is no way out of this.


Pressing on is of dubious merit. You may think yourself strong for braving the venture. Surely, your common sense had dropped dead long ago, rotting on the trail you’ve carved out for vultures to feed. It is too late and you are too blind to be unsure.

© 2017 smear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on January 28, 2017
Last Updated on January 28, 2017

Author

smear
smear

vestal, NY



About
hi! my name is smear. im 22, agender, and love to draw and write. also make music. i go by they/them pronouns. more..

Writing