Happy pills

Happy pills

A Story by Amber burkett

    HAPPY PILLS.

 

The light shines to form a new day. A day that I wish wouldn’t come. It’s the first day of my junior year; I hate my school already despite the fact that I have not yet stepped foot in it. The people in this town are selfish, all I want is to go home and I know that there is no chance of that. My parents died a few months ago. I was kicked out onto the street; this is where I ended up. In a small house on a hill with a view of the city I guess things could be worse. The fact that I don’t know anyone isn’t doing me any good.

I step into the classroom and everyone looks up at me. The teacher looks up to me then stands. “Ahh ms. Iggy ‘tiss nice to see you” I shift my bag higher on my shoulder. He looks at me and tells me to sit by some guy named Kazuki. He had white hair with longish spikes. His clothes looked expensive, as well as his “baby face” somehow this all melted together in a boy. He looked so gorgeous it was hard to look away. I moved across the room feeling the eyes of the student’s follow me. I sat down in my desk and looked over to meet his gaze. Kazuki’s almost black eyes seeing in to my sole as they send a strong flow of heat and excitement onto my skin.

            The rest of my day was spent wondering off from class to class until lunch. Some girl with long blond hair came up and told me to keep my eyes and hands off her boyfriend. Not knowing what she was talking about I said the only thing that came to my mind, “What are you talking about?” “As if you don’t know” she pressed, “Kazuki is my boyfriend and mine alone you got that. You can’t look at him, touch him, think about him, and don’t even bother hitting on him you got that?” I took in a little laugh and replied, “Wow you are controlling!” I looked over to see that her beloved was coming this way. He walked tall with such a dreamy look to him. His hair ever so slightly messed up only serving to make him look even better then before if that was at all possible. “Hey your name is Iggy rite?” it takes a moment to realize that he is talking to me. “Umm yeah” I stutter tripping over my own words. “Cool, would you care to join us?” he says as he motions to the table where four other guys sit along with their friends, or girlfriends. The girl looks at me with a look of despite. “Umm I really don’t think your girlfriend would like that all to much.” He tilts his head to look at me. “I don’t have a girlfriend, what are to talking about my girlfriend won’t like it?” I blush a little embarrassed that I had been tricked so easily. “ Well the girl over there” I say nodding towards her, “said that you where her boyfriend and then forged on to tell about the rules I had to follow.” He troughs his head back and laughs. “ No. No, no it’s not like that, I told her that I didn’t like her like that and I guess that she’s not listing to me so well.”

            I smile letting my teeth shine in the light, prompting him to do the same. When he does it is so much more breath taking then I thought it would be I shift my footing in favor of the other standing awkwardly in the middle of the crowded lunchroom. He smiles placing his hands under my long wavy hair and leading me to his table. There I see, Akira I think I had him in one of my classes, Hiroshi who I was told to be the help of the school, Kai the one with the cool red eyes, Kira who was said to be the sports major, and finally kazuki the one that for some reason I can’t stop thinking about. Akira gets up and leaves with the girl that follows not far behind him. Their hands intertwine as they make an exit. He had light blue hair with a casual look of a shirt over shirt a pair of worn jeans, her in a blue jean mini shirt and a plain purple shirt as well as a purple checkered over shirt.

I turn to look at Kazuki, “so this is your group hu?” He looks at me more then a little puzzled. “Yeah, not much but all that it needs to be. Why do you not like it?” I hesitate not wanting to seem ungrateful for all the kind things he has done which it may not seem like he’s done much but to me he has. “ No, it’s not that. It’s just I heard a lot about your group and I guess to me you guys are like any other” I pause “I mean not like any other but I guess, I’m just-“ he cuts me off “don’t worry about it I get what you mean, and yeah I don’t know why they do that.” I smile trying to hide my complete and total fail. “So, I was wondering, I’m throwing this party, well not really a party just a get-together at my house I would love it if you and your friends could come.” He leans in close to me. I can see his dark dreamy eyes sparkle in the limited sun light that passes though the old school window as he says, “I don’t know about my friends yet” his voice lowers to just above a whisper as he goes on to say “but I would love too” his breath providing a tingle of heat as it pushes against my skin. Wanting so bad to kiss him but not yet willing I say “grate, see you Friday at seven” I give a flirtatious smile and turn to sit down. 

            After I went home I couldn’t stop thinking about him he was all I could focus on his white hair, his black eyes, his smile! I start to make a list of the things I need to do and get before they come over.

 

Pizza

Movie

Popcorn

Soda

 

I tap my pencil trying to think if there is anything else I would need. I look around my house. My white couch, which is probably a lot more expensive then people think. The glass coffee table and the plasma T.V. if there was anything that wasn’t already in my house it probably shouldn’t be.

            I close my eyes and let them rest. Feeling my head start to calm down I try to open my eyes. They seem to be reluctant as to obeying me. I sit up and force my eyes open. As a loud crash against my window grabs my attention. In a hurry and jump to my feet. My head reeling as I’m about to pass out. There is no way that someone had come home I live alone. Who was in my house and more importantly why? I head to the room where I heard the crash coming from. I grab my baseball bat it was medal and there to use. I went in to the room, “who’s in here! What do you want!” my voice echo’s in the house bouncing off the bright walls back into the other rooms. I looked around no one was in here. I heard the closet door creek under the presser of the person leaning on it while watching me. I turned around and hit the door with the bat. I then heard the screeching scream of a girl. “Ouch” the girl said holding a spot on her forehead, “that’s gunna leave a mark you-“ I cut her off “ you deserve it, you are in my house you broke my window and my lamp” it was the girl that was ‘warning me’ to stay away from her ‘boyfriend.’  “What are you doing in my house, and I would explain soon or the cops are going to be here really quick, considering I live rite next to one.” The girl steps back and says, “You don’t scare me.” I give her a crooked smile “You might want to reconsider that, you are trespassing on privet property, so by law I can beat you or even kill you and no one would say anything about it.” The girl gulps and I know I won. “Okay, okay” she takes a pause for affect. “I just wanted to see why someone as perfect as Kazuki would possibly want to hang around with a reject like you.” I looked her over she was wearing a jean mini skirt with a pink halter-top along with running shoes. Her blond hair was pulled back into a bone-straight pony-tale her make-up looked too dramatic and lobbed on for my preference. I took a moment to compose myself, “yeah, cause I’m the ‘reject’. You’re the one that’s sneaking into my house like a crazy lady! Get out of my house and you WILL be paying for my window and my lamp got it!” she turned to me. “WHAT! In your dreams!” she takes a pause “you have no proof I was ever here so there” I laugh pointing up to a video camera. She then mumbles “fine” and I smile.

            Friday came quick; I was cleaning and decorating my hose when I had gotten off of school. My window and lamp had already been replaced so it looked like that whole thing never happened. I wondered what kazuki would say about her braking into my house over something like that. I didn’t want to flaunt her pain so I chose to leave it out. I was already done decorating my house when six o’clock had rolled around. My house looked like something out of a catalog only better. In all, my house was simple. It wasn’t like something you would though one of those ‘look what I got’ parties. Being a live alone child was hard, they where going to send me really far away to one of my crazy family’s place but I ran for it. I lay my head back against the soft and comforting feel of the old couch; I missed my mom, my dad and I began to wonder what they would think of my new found boy interest. I had never really liked someone like him before. I had never had a boyfriend or even a crush. This was completely different. It was like a fire ragging through my heart, my sole, and my blood. With every pump of my heart it grew stronger flowing through me like a mocking bird to sound. The times that the simple over used words of ‘I love you’ would never be enough, and they weren’t; If there where any stronger words I would use them but that is not possible. I was so in love I needed to be close to him. I wanted to feel the touch of his skin against mine. It was all over I had fallen head over heels for him and there would be no turning back now.

            The doorbell rang and my eyes shot open, I had just ordered the pizza about ten minutes ago. As I opened the door fully expecting the pizza guy when I realized it was kazuki. “Hay” I said smiling. He smiled back he replied with “what’s up” “nothing really I just ordered pizza about 10 minutes ago so it should be here soon, is anyone else coming?” he paused a moment “um, no sorry Akira had a whole doctor thing which Sakia had to go with. Kai and Alice had a date planned. Hiroshi and Lucinda are helping a friend. While Kira and Eon are at a soccer meet, so yeah, it’s just you and me. I smile, I love being alone with him and if things go my way I won’t have to wait to kiss him tomorrow, he will already be mine. As we sit to watch the movie and eat our popcorn he slowly scoots his way closer to me. By the middle of the movie my head is leaning against the back bored of the king sized bed. I was ready to pass out. When I woke up my head was on his chest and he was stroking my hair. I looked up to him and he smiled. “Would it be crazy to tell you that I think I love you?” I gave a little laugh and said, “yeah it would, but I can tell you this if you had told me that I would probably want to kiss you.” He smiled brightly “I think I love you” his eyes going deep into mine. “Well you should really stop thinking and start doing.” He laughed and pulled me close and kissed me I could feel his warm lips pressed against mine and I knew that he had to be mine forever. It was like surges of heat that took over my body and melted my heart. I loved him more then anything in this world. We where kissing for what I had hoped to be forever. That was until his phone rang and he pulled away. The feel of his lips lingered on my lips for the longest time. I lay my head back on the soft pillow. He was talking to someone as he said, “yeah, no worries I get it” his eyes grew troubled “is something wrong?” he looked at me then put his hand under my chin leaning in to kiss me. My eyes close and I feel the filmier heat and tingle of his lips pressed against mine. “I got to go my little brother is going crazy” my back straightens “you have a little brother?” I guess I had a look of hope on my face because he laughed and asked if I wanted to come see him. I jumped up “yes I want to, are you kidding me, I love kids!’ he smiles then pulls me onto his lap and kisses me once again. He pulled me closer then I thought that two people could be he then hugs me and says that he will love me always that he has been waiting for me. He whispers that we will always be there to protect me. I look at him wondering what brought all that on. “What was that?” I say smiling “not that I didn’t like it” he looks down “Me and my brother live alone my parents are always gone, oh yeah and I’m kind of filthy rich.” I looked at him; did he think this was going to change anything? I kiss his cheek and smile. I love you no matter who you live with and no matter how much money you have I don’t care I love you!” the words lingering in the air as we sit with only the nose of a blaring movie. Looking into one and other, like a sneak peek of what is yet to come.

            When we came into the house? I was in awe. It was like a hotel! The living room was enormous. It had a grand sofa that looked better then my bed and probably was. It was white with a balance of black and white pillows. The floor was tile, black and white then I had shifted my gaze to the T.V. that filled the wall. Shelves of movies and little knick-knacks there was two amazingly cute little tables with nothing but a vase on ether side of the sofa. This all went along with the amazing coffee table that sat in the middle of it all, this place was amazing and beautiful. Then I had seen a little boy walking down to the grand staircase. He looked like he had just woken up due to the fact that he was rubbing his dark eyes and his hair was messed up like there was no tomorrow. “Bubby who’s that” he said excitingly and I knew then that he was not sleeping he had been under attack someone was holding him down. Something was wrong, something bad was going to happen and I was not going to let that little boy get hurt. There was just no way. Then I had seen her, the girl that had broke into my house, what was she doing here? Kazuki took a step forward, Stacy where is the babysitter. Stacy smiled, “I told her that I was meant to take over her shift.” She smiles a demonic smile. I take a look at the kid again. I take in his innocent black eyes, the messed up hair, and the crumbled clothes that lay awkwardly on his small and helpless body. Stacy walked up to the boy and placed her hand on his back. He was at the top of the stairs if he where to fall he would be injured. Then all in a moment I knew what she was planning I started running up the stairs just as she had pushed him. I caught him seconds before he would have hit the cold hard wood stairs, Pulling him into my arms as I fall back acting as a shelter for the child. I come tumbling to the bottom of the stair well. I hit the tiled floor with a thud. The poor boy screams as he stays close to me. Kazuki runs to his adorable but frantic kid brother and me. Iggy saiji! He yells at the top of his lungs. Saiji craw over to his older brother in a whimper telling him that he is fine. I lay in a heap on the floor. Kazuki pulls me into his arms and strokes my hair. “I’m fine “ I smile as I start to get up. I brush my long wavy blond hair out of my face to see Stacy walking down the stairs. “Well wasn’t that sweet?” she asks even though it really wasn’t meant as a question. I charge to her ready to take her down. The stars giving her a lift on me she pushes me back down then only this time I don’t fall. I did a back flip and landed on my feet. I was now grateful for all the sports and dance things that I had to put up with. “Impressive” she mocks, “but that won’t save you now.” I take a look at her, and I know what to do. “You know what’s funny? You think that this will win Kazuki over? Well let me tell you this, you’re sadly mistaken.” I see a flinch of pain cross over her face and I know it’s time to work. I walk up the stares closer to her. “You think that this will let you win?” I ask as I gain two stars in my favor. “It’s really sad” she stays silent. Then without missing a beat I lunge to her pulling her hair as I push her to the ground. She tries to get up but it’s no use I’m already on top of her punching her in the stomach she screams for me to stop and I do. I settle for pinning her and that would have worked if she would have stayed that way only she didn’t. She got her hand free and before I knew it there was a pocketknife in my side. I yell out in pain. I hear Kazuki and Saiji yell my name but I’m not about to let her get away with this, I bang her head against the tiled floor knocking her out. I fell over on the other side of her. Holding my side Kazuki and Saiji ran to me. “Iggy, Iggy!” my world started to go black I lay on the tiled floor in a heap of limbs and blood my head on the cold floor as my hair soaks up some of the blood dying my hair a deep shade of red.

            When I woke up I was in a hospital room, I didn’t know how I got here I the reason why was really fuzzy but slowly coming back to me. There was a small child next to me hugging me. He had the white hair the black eyes and some adorable clothes. It was Saiji the adorable kid brother of my amazing boyfriend Kazuki, who was sitting on a chair next to me holding my hand as his head, rest on the side of my bed. They where sleeping. I heard the beeping of the heart monitor telling people loud and clear that I was still alive. The doctor came in and sighed, he came over and started leaning down to pick up Saiji. “No” I said quietly leave him there. The doctor looked at me puzzled. “Um, yes maim” I look at Saiji and the memory staggers back into my mind along with the pain. I had fallen down the stairs to save him, and I was stabbed in the side with a pocketknife. Stacy, I knocked her out. Then I looked back to the doctor who was setting some pain pills on the table next to me. “Is there a Stacy here” the doctor looked back at me. “Yes there is she was brought in with you.” “Is she okay?” I ask hoping she is that was I can change it” “Yeah she’s fine just a bump on the head.” I look at the doctor “she hit it hard though” I smile knowing that I was the one that did that to her. I was not finished yet though if she messed with Saiji or Kazuki again she was going to be sorry. I knew that it was the wrong thing to do but at the moment I really didn’t care. She hurt and almost killed an innocent child for that alone she was going to pay. My thoughts where interrupted when I felt Kazuki squeeze my hand. “Kazuki you’re up” I smile and he jumps up and hugs me being careful to stay away from my side and waking up his brother. “Iggy are you okay, I was so worried.” I smile, not at the fact that he was worried about me but at the fact that I have someone to worry about me. “I’m fine” I say in a rush, “are you?” he squeezes my hand again and nods his head. “Yeah I’m fine” he smiles but I can tell he’s unsure of his answer. He was worried about what this had done to his brother, if Saiji was going to remember this when he got older if he was going to be scared of something like this happening to him. He was such an innocent child. I gently kiss his worried lips. His eyes filled with worry. “What was that” I smile, “Saiji will be fine no worries.” He gives a little grin. I can’t tell if he thinks I’m right or not but I guess I’ll find out soon. As for now I have to think of what to say to Saiji. He is so innocent that I don’t want him thinking that everyone is going to hurt or kill him. I mean it’s possible that someone would try there are dangers out there but not everyone is a threat so there is now way that I can let him think such a thing.

            Later that day Saiji woke up and he was like a seconded head that just wouldn’t come off. I finally got him to sit on the bed. “Saiji, look I know what happened to me was horrible and all but you have to understand that sometimes bad things happen. It’s no ones fault but it really doesn’t mean that everyone is going to hurt you so please don’t give up your trust.” He gives a crooked little kid smile that never ceases to make my heart melt. “No worries Iggy, I won’t. I know that not everyone will do bad things.” The way he exaggerated the word ‘’everyone’’ I knew he would be fine. I smile at him, “okay”

            After a few days let me go home. I was walking home with Kazuki and Saiji. Saiji was sleeping on his brother’s back, as Kazuki and I where laughing. “So your parents really went to America and just let you stay here?” I laugh, “yeah I didn’t want to go with so I didn’t” I look down “I wish that I would have, I mean I would give anything to have another day with my parents.” A tear rolls down my eye, Kazuki pulls me into his arms. “It’s okay babe, it’s okay” I hug him tight as he stops in his tracks. I look up. “What’s up” he looks down at me. I look over to my house only to see it burned to the ground. “WHAT HAPPENED?” I shout. My things all burned. “My family album!” I run over to my house, or rather what remains of it digging though the ash to try and find anything that had survived, I find a small box that had pictures of my family and small things that I wanted to keep. It had my mom’s wedding ring in it, along with some of the things that she held dear like the first necklace that my father had given her. The edges of the box where blackened and the box was melted shut. I rummage through the ash more and Kazuki pulls my arm. I hug him tight letting the tears escape from my eyes. “Don’t worry, I’ll send some people to give you everything that had survived, okay?” he kisses my worried lips sending a jolt of heat and electricity into my body. “You can stay with me, I’ll take you shopping to buy you whatever you need. I’ll take care of everything you want, need, or think you want. Don’t worry I will take care of you!” his voice forceful and loving all at one time. I know that he’s not joking and that he will do everything in his power to help me.

            We head to his Mansion and he shows me to the room across from his. I look at him and he laughs and opens the door to his room. I give him a heart-worming smile and go in to it. I lay down on his bed pulling him next to me. I wanted to feel his body close to me. I was under his spell, I knew that he had my heart and I knew for sure that I wouldn’t need it back. I was hopelessly in love with him and there was nothing I could ever do about it. “You know, I never thought that love at first sight was real.” He looks at me then smiled “what about now?” I hug him close to me “now I have you” he pulls me into his chest “I love you Iggy I really do there is no way to tell you but I guess this is the best that I can do.” I smile. “No the best you can do will be to marry me,” I laugh. He smiles then holds me to him. “Someday” my eyes go wide in shock. I knew that I wanted him to marry me but I had no idea that he was actually thinking about doing it.

            The next day I woke up early got into some better clothes and went down stairs to try and surprise Kazuki and Saiji with a nice breakfast but when I get down there is a buffet already being set up on the table. Heading back up the stairs I hear a shooting sound. Knowing it’s not real I head to the door where the noise is coming from. As I open the door I see Saiji in the middle of playing COD or call of duty. Saiji pauses his game and smiles at me, Kazuki told me that no one could beat his little brother at any video game no matter what it was and since meeting him he has proven it true more then a million times.

            Kazuki woke up in the middle of Saiji and me working together on Call Of Duty. Kazuki snickers at the door way, when Saiji and I look up he has a wonderful smile on his face and as I keep looking at him I guess Saiji went back to playing because I hear the shots of his gun. I get off knowing that Saiji will be just fine without me. Kazuki hugs me and swings me around. “Ahhhh” I smile at him and he hugs me tight then whispers, “I love you.”

            “Kazuki I’m going to the store!” he smiles in a little smirk “Kay babe”

Looking through the store for what I may need. Pillows because he only has two. Then I pick up sugarless cookies for Saiji because if he ever gets real sugar he will go crazy and break everything. I check out and say goodbye to the casher. Walking out of the store I see a red car. My world goes black.

            When I wake up I see the plain white walls with the TV turned to teen titans. The medical equipment beside my bed and for the matter, inside me tubes running though my arms legs and two up my nose so I could breath. I look over to Kazuki who has his head in his hands. Then I see Saiji in a spinning chair swinging slightly to the left then partly to the right doing it over and over. The nurse comes in and I see Kazuki’s eyes shoot up. “Well did you come to something?”  The nurse smiles at him then begins to talk. “Listen I know you have the money to make us let you stay here but you still can’t hound us like a dog when you want to know something only family can know.” Saiji looks at the nurse appalled “She has no family, we are her family.” The nurse laughs, “I’m sure she has a mom and dad little one.” I start to sit up and all the eyes in the room shoot to me. “My parents are dead, they where both only children and my grandparents are dead. There is no one that can really be considered family to me other then these two boys.” Looking at her face as it twists into a much less friendly one. Her short rose red hair falling into her slim face. The shrubs fitting just a little to tight even though she seems to be a very slim and lean. “Listen little girl! You don’t go walking around saying that your parents are dead when I well know that they are alive. That is cold hearted and unforgivable.” I could feel the anger in my whelping up inside my face, “IF MY PARENTS ARE ALIVE THEN WHY AREN’T THEY HERE? WHY DID YOU GET THEIR NUMBERS BUT IT SAID THAT THE NUMBER WAS DISCONNECTED. You want my parents to be alive then bring them back, I would sure be grateful.” The woman looked at me astonished. I was trying hard not the let the tears come out but it was no use, there was nothing I could now. Kazuki and Saiji come over to comfort me. Kazuki hugging me, Saiji crawling up on my bed squeezing me around the waist while telling the nurse to go away. Putting a bottle of pills telling me to take one now and then one tomorrow and so one for the time being then leaving with the door closed firmly behind her. Kazuki whispering sweet things into my ear as me gives me a pill and a small cup of water. I swallow the pill with a gulp of water. Laying down back into the stuffy bed. I new nurse comes into the room. “Hi” she smiles “I’m glad you are awake” she has long thick brown hair pulled back into a ponytail. She was wearing blue short sleeve shrubs with a green long sleeve under shirt. She was very pretty and appeared to be in her early twenties. She started to take out most of the tubes only leaving me with the IV in my hand. It was a relief. I breathed in heavily liking the sweet sent of lavender in the air and Kazuki’s natural smell the sweet sent of the tide washing detergent that is so often used on his clothes. Saiji still on my bed hugging my waist as he watches beast boy turn into a green rhino and charge at some boy. I look over to Kazuki who then takes the chance to kiss me because our faces where so close together. It was a sweet simple and quick kiss but I hear the heart monitor goes off all the eyes in the room look to it. Kazuki smiles and hugs me close, “You skipped a beat.” I smile trying to ignore the whelping pain from my broken ribs. How did this happen I mean I was walking out of a store right out the door then nothing? It goes black. I know a car hit me but why. Why where they driving so close to me. My vision goes blurry and it’s getting hard to keep my eyes open.  I hear the faint call of my name then nothing everything is gone I reach up to a tingle on my head then I hear a little thump.

            My eyes flickering open to meet the bright room. I felt happy I wanted to jump up and run around. All the tubes where out of me and I couldn’t wait to get up. I set up in my bed. It was night but the room lights where on and shining I tipped over to the side of my bed. Stepping my feet on to the cold floor ready to jump and laugh. I never felt like this so I didn't know what was going on, whatever it was it was doing me wonders. all I knew was that the new people in my life where like happy pills to me and i could never have an overdose.

© 2011 Amber burkett


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on November 14, 2011

Author

Amber burkett
Amber burkett

KS



About
hay, my name is Amber if you want to nick name me go ahead! I love writing tho I'm not very good at spelling things. that is a fail on it's own but I guess that's what spell check is for. I like to dr.. more..

Writing
love? love?

A Story by Amber burkett