I need answers

I need answers

A Poem by Marissa
"

The past keeps holding me back from true happiness and I struggle to let everything go.

"
Moving on from the past is hard. Especially if you haven't made peace with what you have done, or what other people have done to you.

It's almost like you're dragging a ton of bricks with you every step forward. No matter how hard you try to let go something falls in your head to remind you of something not worthy of your time, but yet you still go back to think about it. You still let it alter your moods. You can't fix the past so you would think you'd be able to just move forward with your life. You're a better person than before. You know that you have people who genuinely want the best for you, but yet here you are still thinking about what was done.

Maybe you can't move on because someone who was so big in your life has abandoned you.. they're dead but yet still breath the same air as you. It's a never ending battle that tears you apart.

What's the truth? Will you ever get better?

© 2019 Marissa


Author's Note

Marissa
What do you think I should do to better my writing? I am just talking about my current position and many of my pieces are just about how I feel. Can you relate? How can I connect it with other people?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on February 3, 2019
Last Updated on February 3, 2019
Tags: Past, struggle, thoughts, relatable

Author

Marissa
Marissa

Shelby, MI



About
20 year old who writes her thoughts more..

Writing
New day New day

A Poem by Marissa