Found

Found

A Chapter by Kayla Smith

The footsteps grew closer. Louder. They were so close. Sucking in a quick breath, I said a quick prayer. Closer. Closer. It stopped. 

Are they gone? Please tell me they’re gone! I let go of my breath. It echoed throughout the steel box that I’ve been forced to call home. I hear nothing. No voices or footsteps. Not even a breath. 

They’re gone. I’m safe. My body was clenched so tightly that it was a sweet relief to finally be able to relax. But like all good things, it quickly came to an end. 

“Did you hear that?”

“It came from in here” 

This can’t be happening. They slammed the butts of their guns against the lock protecting my home. A knot formed in my stomach rising closer to my throat with each hit of the gun. Then the lock fell. The door creaked open revealing the metallic beings that have been chosen to protect the superior race. 

Its been years now. They won’t find me in any of their databases. I'm foreign to them even though I’m the original. I’m the last real human. The last real human and I’m a slave. 

The general thrust his gun one final time. This time at my head. I was foreign. They were scared. 



© 2016 Kayla Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a great premise, please finish writting the book

Posted 6 Years Ago


This start to a sci-fi book is epic and I absolutely love it. I just want to read more and more. You are a brilliant writer, please keep writing :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016
Tags: Chapter, science, fiction, human slave