Changes

Changes

A Story by snakesy_monkey

I feel so alone and scared of my own shadow and wonder why it had to turn out like this.  It was one of the hardest decisions that I have had to make in my entire life.  I know I sound like a drama queen, but that's how I honestly feel.  I've tried for so long to make you see that you are on a road to self destruction, but you just refuse to see it.  I can't be caught up in this kind of life anymore, I want to live, not destroy it, it's too precious to me, but you are intent on destroying yourself.  I have watched you deteriorate, but I can't be there anymore to witness it.  Your addiction has consumed you and if I stay with you it will consume me. I feel selfish that I can't be there for you anymore but I have to think about myself now.  It doesn't stop me from feeling guilty and feel that I have deserted you, but I need to live my life, and the life you have chosen is not the life for me. I wish it had turned out differently, you just don't know how much I wish it had, but the reality is reality and I've just got to face it.  I can't change you and you can't change me.     

© 2008 snakesy_monkey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on December 29, 2008
Last Updated on December 31, 2008

Author

snakesy_monkey
snakesy_monkey

birmingham, United Kingdom



About
I'm a creative, slightly deranged individual seeking other like minded people to share my neurotic thoughts with them. I can't decide between being a ape or reptile, so i'm in the transition period a.. more..

Writing