Madeline

Madeline

A Story by snapjack
"

When does an obsession go too far?

"

I’m obsessed with you. But you’ve never met me. I watch you. I listen to you. I study you. The way you move your hands to press them against your cheeks when you blush.

I glare at the others. They try to make moves, but you don’t know why they don’t call you back.

I watch you as your leg shakes when you’re forced to sit still. I wait for you to notice me. I’ve been waiting. All the time. All the time I wonder why I wait. But in the end I stay put, watching as you slowly undress with the noticeably small crack of your blinds. Revealing the young and pure flesh beneath the layers of cotton and polyester that molds to your body like delicate bark. I stare with intent, but always spineless.

You hook your thumb under the lace of the polyester thong and pull. The trip seems so long, but worth the wait. I stare intensely. My heart beats as it has since I first saw you. How could you have never seen me? The words melt in my head.

Rage strikes. I watch everything begin to unfold, pounding my fist against the crème vinyl while I wait outside. It’s in a steady rhythm. Matching my ache for you.

Your screams are muffled by the poly-fiber coated over with white cotton. The scene is innocent, but forced. Which makes my blood curdle. It boils for you.

I keep pounding on the vinyl. Shaking my head, trying to look away. My teeth are grinding together. My lips are pressed into a tight white line.

The walls are freshly painted red. The carpet is an off shade to match. You notice me. You stare at me. You’re eyes are filled with familiarity. You smile. You’re so excited that your eyebrows are scrunched. I smile in return. I speak, but you can’t hear me. You’ve covered your ears to block me out. You close your eyes and scream to the sky that is covered by wood and insulation.

I pound my fist harder on the vinyl. I had never seen that type of smile before. Why had I never seen that smile before?

You try to get up, but it’s too hard. I see the strain in your face that I have come to know. All so well. I scrunch my face up as I stare at you. You’re on the floor. Your screaming wasn’t like the screams that I heard from you when the guy came to f**k you. They were much softer than these.

I plead. I plead as I stare. I plead for you. That’s all I have ever wanted. You don’t know what I’m saying. I wish. I pray. I beg. I look deeply at you. Guess is all that I can say. A simple word that means more than its five letter letters. It always means more.

I watch as albums of pictures are strewn on the floor. I knew what was on them. All of them. All of them had one common subject. A hidden subject. A sacred subject that was implied, not spoken. You close your eyes. Tears of joy fall from your eyes. This is what you’ve always wanted. Someone to love you.

I pound my fist as tears of sorrow pour from my eyes. It’s time.

I watch your last breath. I hear it. I watch your eyes turn over. I pick you up.

I say a forever goodbye.

I clean you up. I sing to you. I talk to you. Tell you stories. About us. When the night is over. I wrap my arm around you. Only to add. You’re mine. Madeline. 

© 2011 snapjack


Author's Note

snapjack
Any comments are welcome :) (purposefully didn't use grammar rules)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your style is very original ! It's also complex and I like it, had me reading the text twice to make sure I understood everything :) Anyway good job !

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 4, 2011
Last Updated on January 4, 2011

Author

snapjack
snapjack

NC



About
All original photos that I have used can be located in my blog on here, named: ALL USED PHOTOS.... http://www.writerscafe.org/snapjack/blogs/All-used-photos-can-be-found-here:/10939/ Any const.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by snapjack