Acceptance

Acceptance

A Poem by Wendy Sue

I sit down and begin my cathartic writing to show how evolved I am.
To relay how the pain, heartbreak and strife has only made me stronger, better.

But that is not true.
I am broken, wounded, scared and lack many instincts needed in this world.

Am I less because I can’t fake it? Weaker than others or stronger by embracing my truth?

My glaring transparency offers me no advantage.
To the contrary, it makes me appear ill adjusted.

I will take that, in all it’s loneliness and live on my island.
You can have your lies but if you find your strength, bring me your pains and we can hold each other until the hurt goes away.

© 2022 Wendy Sue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem was a hit to the heart- that moment when you realize your not where you want to be. It was written in a very classy feeling way, the emotions broad and honest without over explanation or anything of the sort. ‘We can hold on each other until the hurt goes away.’ This is my favorite line. It’s beautiful and sad, but very comforting. There’s so much refined and wonderful emotions and writing here. Thank you so much for sharing!

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 1, 2022
Last Updated on March 1, 2022

Author

Wendy Sue
Wendy Sue

San Diego, CA



About
Here against my will more..

Writing
My Hell My Hell

A Poem by Wendy Sue


Detour Detour

A Poem by Wendy Sue