Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by somebody
"

prolouge...

"
The news my parents announced yesterday at dinner overwhelmed me with shock. Both my chin and my fork dropped to the ground with a heavy clank. I was stiffened by the horror and was staring blank. And I was sure my sister, Debra, had the same expression.
Still not recovered from the weariness, I tirefully, and protestingly, lugged my suitcase behind me. We took our stuff into the limo with us as we boarded. Driving off, I watched the big Hollywood sign fade. My heart sank when it disappeared from my sight. I didn't want to leave, but what use would it be to protest? It was still pretty dark for it was 5am. I'm tired, but I can't sleep. Not when we're moving to Massachusetts. And worst, Westford, Massachusetts. I mean, do you know where that is? It's on the other side of the U.S.! It'll be nothing like California!
The limo came to a stop at the airport. Once again, I trailed my suitcase behind me. Walking in towards the door, I hesitated for a second to take one last glimps at California. Then, when I felt a small tug, I walked into the airport behind my parents to the stands, approving our tickets and boarding our luggage.
Waiting at our station, and I, at the station's window, stared outside blankly. I saw planes one- by- one take flight and land. Something seemed to buzz in the loudspeaker. I gave a small frown at the noise. I felt a hand suddenly grasping my shoulder, turning back, I saw my mom.
"We're leaving now, Zach," she said as she handed me my ticket. I just gave no response when I took it, and we continued into the plane.
The flight seemed long since I stayed up the whole time looking out my window. We landed in the Boston, Logan. From there, we took a taxi to our new home. I stared into the sky. The stars here are different, they're spread unlike the ones at Beverly Hills, so the population probably is too. Rural, and scattered. Soon, we arrived at our new house, which was, surprisingly, filled with a gallery full of furniture. With no time to explore, since it's now 11 at  night, I hopped onto the sofa after setting a cushion as the head piece and I, too weary to stay up any longer, set my protesting heart to sleep.
 


© 2009 somebody


Author's Note

somebody
prolouge...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on July 31, 2009
Last Updated on August 5, 2009


Author

somebody
somebody

somewhere, MA



About
im somebody, just somebody... more..

Writing
Haiku II Haiku II

A Poem by somebody


Haiku Haiku

A Poem by somebody


Lovewars Lovewars

A Book by somebody





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114