How to Select a Table Tennis Table?

How to Select a Table Tennis Table?

A Story by Sonam
"

When it comes to selecting the right Table Tennis Table, we are here to make your life easier. Here are some basic and simple parameters to keep in mind when checking a TT table. So, let's get start

"

Table tennis is a sport that is suitable for people of all ages and is one of the most addictive sports. Here's a guide to help you select the best Table Tennis table for you so you can enjoy the game without spending a lot of money.

Do you believe that all TT tables are the same and easy to choose, People who think this way usually regret making an expensive mistake that could cost them a lot of money! Please refrain from being that person. Choosing Table Tennis Tables can be a difficult task because you must be familiar with a number of technicalities and parameters.

But don't be worried! When it comes to selecting the right Table Tennis Table, we are here to make your life easier. Here are some basic and simple parameters to keep in mind when checking a TT table. So, let's get this started!

 

1. Area

We must consider the dimensions of the table as well as additional clearance in order to play the sport freely and safely.

 

In general, we recommend a mini TT Table for small spaces (up to 1.5 m x 0.7 m).

 

Dimensions of a Small TT Table

We generally recommend a medium-sized TT table for medium-sized spaces (2 m x 1 m).

 

Dimensions of a Medium-Sized TT Table

You can use the full-size TT table for any surface (2.7 m x 1.5 m).

 

2. Thickness

The thickness of the tabletop determines how well the ball bounces on the table. In general, the greater the bounce, the thicker the tabletop. However, it also depends on the type of playing surface used, which can be either wood or aluminum. If you want to build a mini TT table or a medium-sized TT table, a tabletop thickness of 10mm with a (wooden surface and metal legs) is sufficient.

 

If you want a full-size table, the tabletop should be at least 12 mm thick so that the ball bounces effectively. When the ball is dropped 30 cm above the table on a full-size TT table, it should bounce back to a minimum of 21 cm. However, for competition players, the tabletop thickness should be greater than 22cm. Check out our ITTF Approved Table Tennis Table.

 

3. Wheels or no wheels?

Do you plan to use the space you have set aside for Table Tennis? If so, a foldable table without wheels will suffice. To top it all off, they are nearly 40% less expensive than a table with wheels. If there is a space that is used for multiple activities, such as Yoga, Karate, Zumba, Table Tennis, and so on, it is always a good idea to have a TT table with wheels that can be completely folded once you are finished burning calories on the table.

 

4. Leg Styles

TT tables with wooden legs are commonly sold by local brands. They are a less expensive option, but be careful because they tend to collapse after prolonged use. It is always preferable to use iron/aluminum legs rather than wooden ones.

 

5. Structure

This is the area beneath the tabletop. For the best bounce, it is always best to choose one made of iron or aluminum.

 

6. Approval by the ITTF/Local Federation

The TT table must be approved by either the country federation (FFTT, TTFI, etc.) or the ITTF standard. Always look for it before investing your money down on a TT table. Take a look at Our Table Tennis Table Series.

 

We hope that this new article will help you in selecting the best TT table for you. We know you want to play TT! *wink* Do you have any Table Tennis questions? Simply pass them in the comments section and we'll do our best to answer them. Cheers! ‍‍‍‍

© 2022 Sonam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on February 25, 2022
Last Updated on February 25, 2022
Tags: Table Tennis Table, Table Tennis Table Equipment, Table Tennis Table Manufacturer

Author

Sonam
Sonam

NASHIK, NASHIK, India



About
I am a Blogger. more..

Writing