Mistakes that should be avoided when decorating small spaces

Mistakes that should be avoided when decorating small spaces

A Story by Sonam
"

Here are some mistakes to avoid when decorating a small space, as well as some ideas for making efficient use of space.

"

When decorating a small space, you need to be very selective about certain things. You should prefer minimalism over maximize.

The value of space must be understood and used creatively.

Here are some mistakes to avoid when decorating a small space, as well as some ideas for making efficient use of space.

Mistake # 1: Space

It will be more convenient for you to accept the fact that your space is limited.

If there is no space for a side table in your room, omitting one of the two will make your space look more unbalanced and visually asymmetrical.

To deal with this, consider purchasing a stool that can be used for magazines, remote controls, and lamp rests.

Flat screens should be preferred over media cabinets.

Instead of a full-size desk, consider a vanity or a narrow console.

Mistake # 2: Natural light

The best way to visually expand a space is to provide as much natural light as possible.

One option is to use the mirror wisely. The second is to use a smooth screen to filter instead of blocking light.

The colors on the walls and the colors of the furniture should be light and reflective, brightening the overall mood.

Mistake # 3: Waste of valuable space

Start experimenting in your space and be creative using it efficiently.

Use the space above the window frame and include cupboards from floor to ceiling. Built-in seating is a great option for small spaces.

Placing the sofa in front of the bookcase allows for unexpected, hidden storage on the back shelf.

Instead of placing utensils on the counter, hang them under an overhead cabinet in a small kitchen.

This allows you to hide less attractive utensils in the lower cabinets and drawers.

If you have a small bathroom, consider hanging cabinets instead of art toilets to maximize your confined space.

Mistake # 4: Disrupting the visual flow

If you have small rooms next to each other, combine them using the same color palette, the same materials, and the same style.

This will make the whole space flow more smoothly.

The rooms will serve as extensions to each other by adding length to your space.

Mistake # 5: Crowding of surfaces

It is important to evaluate your items and make efficient use of your space because the extra storage will always be limited.

So keep things meaningful and efficient.

Mirrors visually double the space created by reflection, so it is beneficial to place mirrors where they are used throughout the day.

Mirrors are best used almost anywhere, including the dining room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom.

Mistake # 6: Be very careful

Increase the space to your liking; If you like minimalism, avoid clutter and decorate your home with simple patterns.

However, if you like to enlarge, avoid adding oversized furniture and instead include oversized patterns and brightly colored accents to enhance your space.

Focal points can be created by using brightly colored wallpaper to match the mood of the room or by using bright draperies hung near the ceiling to distract the viewer from the lack of space.

© 2022 Sonam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
1 Review
Added on June 9, 2022
Last Updated on June 9, 2022
Tags: Interior design ideas

Author

Sonam
Sonam

NASHIK, NASHIK, India



About
I am a Blogger. more..

Writing