Nakama

Nakama

A Story by Song
"

A minute with you is like an hour...

"

The word 'nakama' is Japanese. It has a meaning similar to friends, but more along the lines of 'such close friends we're like sibilings'. It's like being comrades.

I have four nakama, and I don't know where I would be without them. I've known Ruby-chan (her nickname) whose 11, for about two and a half years now. Oniichan-his nickname-, Stryks, and Essy for about one year.

It's felt like a lifetime though. They've helped me through so much these past year(s), and I'm so grateful. Those four have seen me at my worst, best, and has always picked me up after I've fallen down. My times with them seem to fly by. We spent almost every day together, whether it's talking, watching shows, listening to music, or other crazy stuff we've been known to do.

I remember a time when every second of every minute of every day of our week was spent dedicated to eachother. Those were really good times. All of us changed so much in such a short time period, I think it's too much change, and some of us can't cope. There was a time our friendships almost broke, that was scary. There was also a time when we weren't close friends, we didn't even know eachother.

It was the time of innocence. I still hung out with Timey, Ruby still hung out with her friends, and the others were not known by us yet. I remember there were others too, but that's for a different story.

Timey and I were kind of close, good friends, and talked to eachother a lot. So when she introduces me to a random guy named 'Squirrely', my first thought was; ...what...? This guy? Are you serious?

I hung out with him though, because Timey did. We were doing everything together, and I couldn't miss out on this. That was when I was eleven years old. In the future, this guy would be known as my most special friends. My Oniichan.

Since we didn't have school together ---none of us did---, Timey began to drift apart from us, which somehow brought me, Squirrelyness, and Ruby together. It felt awkward for awhile, kind of silent sometimes, but not all the times.

Slowly, all of our other friends came closer together, so there was about seven of us. We all had a lot of fun together, always laughing. I had forgotten all my problems when I was with them. Hakuna Matata...

This is Ruby: :D ... I didn't know her too well back then. We didn't talk much, but I knew she was younger then me. She was really nice too, didn't speak much, and I remember Squirrely saying something about 'No cussing' on her profile page... That was when I was naive, innocent, and still a big dork.

I guess age eleven is an awkward stage, but you have awesome friends to go along with it. That's how it was with me. I didn't know yet, but Ruby would be one of my closest friends and it could easily build up, along with breaking down.

Later on in life, we meet Stryky. (This is when Ruby, Squirrely, and I are getting closer to the point of being called best friends.) She's a friend of Ruby's, and I immediatly take a liking to her. She liked the same thing I did, and that was Teen Titans. Little did I know that she would help me through my darkest days in the future.

The four of us is together, everything is A-OK. Year 2009 is gone now, and I'm interested in Naruto. Along with Oniichan and Ruby-chan.

By now I have them nicknames, Squirrely's nickname is 'Oniichan', my big brother. Ruby-chan's nickname is an inside joke. You won't get it. Stryky is now Stryks, so very original. 'Y's are commonly used, and it's getting a little unoriginal. These are my great friends.

It's the summer of 2010. I met Essy back at Christmas time, but Oniichan says I said I didn't like her that much.

Pretty explainable because the time of Christmas was one of the worst parts of my life. I hadn't gone to school in three weeks, and was pretty heartbroken. I had no real friends, no cousins, and no life. I was a loser.

Anyways, I don't remember my introduction with Essy at all, it doesn't matter though. She and I are now one of the bestest friends, and we share our deepest darkest secrets with eachother. Essy and I are tight.

By now, all of us has drastically changed. Especially me. I'm now a pottymouthed, hot-headed, stubborn, girl. -My loving side is only shown to such few people-

This is my nakama, and I love them very much. I tell Oniichan everything, even if I would be the one hurting. Ruby-chan and I are always talking to eachother about everything, epecially interests. Struks consults with me, helps me, heals me. Essy and I do basically everything fun together. (Not the pervy way you freaks xP lol) She and Stryks are my 'girlfriends'.

 

I love you guys! Thanks for everything you've done for me.

 

-Song Li Ness

 

© 2010 Song


Author's Note

Song
yeah, this was my English HW asked to be typed up. Suckish, I know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

awww i love ya song :)))

i dont really remember our introduction either....but yeah you didnt like me to much :P haha

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 28, 2010
Last Updated on September 28, 2010

Author

Song
Song

MN



About
I love my precious people. That is all. more..

Writing