Before the Snow Falls Down

Before the Snow Falls Down

A Story by Song

"You should come over next weekend Victor, we're going to visit grandpa before the snow covers the ground." April's high pitched voice trilled through the breeze.

 

I look at her slightly interested. Hm, before the snow covers the ground, he must be gone. There's no snow in Merced year round, but our grandpa is never often visited.

 

"Oh really?" Victor asked while getting his backpack onto his back.

 

"Mhm!" I watched as her facial expression changed. She reminded me of anime characters.

 

"I would, but I can't. We're going hunting again." A look of disdain crossed my face, but I quickly changed it. Hunters and I did not go well at all. I looked to April again and could read the hurt. From what I gather, he didn't go to her house often. It was the second time he politely shook his head at her invitation.

 

"Again?"

 

He nodded before turning around to talk to one of his friends. I look at April with a small smile.

 

"You're grandpa's lucky. My family in Cali don't visit our grandpa a lot."

 

We begin to walk out of class and she nods, "My grandpa's dead."

 

"Yeah, I know. Mine is too."

 

We nodded at eachother and continued up stairs in comfortable silence.

© 2010 Song


Author's Note

Song
...I don't know why I wrote this. It's just something that happened today...miss my grandpa...it's true. We don't visit him often. I don't know why really, they just don't like to remember that he's not with them anymore I suppose. My story 'To Visit With You' kind of explain things...kind of.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on October 13, 2010
Last Updated on October 16, 2010

Author

Song
Song

MN



About
I love my precious people. That is all. more..

Writing