Unleash your Superpower

Unleash your Superpower

A Poem by Sophy Freebirds
"

Spread your wings,fly to who you are.

"
You need not hold your breath
Like superman to fly..
You need not know martial arts
Like batman to fight...
You need not spread cobwebs
Like spiderman to entangle your adversaries..

All you need is
-A brave heart to
Walk through the fire of life
-An indomitable spirit to
Dive into the depths of calamities
-An inner perception to
Endeavour for your mission...

Unleash your bound thoughts..
Dare to dream beyond..
Ignite your vision
Dare to walk alone...

You will discern,
You ain't a mere twinkling star...
But a scorching ray of the sun from far..
You will never know
How great you can be..

Until you discover on your own
The key to your philosopher's stone.

© 2014 Sophy Freebirds


Author's Note

Sophy Freebirds
Just thought about superpowers and this thought struck me. Hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very inspirational! I will put this in my library also. I have struggled to find my talent and what i have to contribute to the world at this point. Writing is the only thing I have really enjoyed, and something I can never get tired of. But I don't believe that is my unique talent that is going to make any difference. I look up to people like Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King, Paul of Tarsus, and ultimatley Jesus. I dream great dreams of being someone that changes the world through whatever God's gift is for me. I have come to realize recently that not all are called to be great in that manner. Some are just called simply to serve in their community, spread the Gospel, and serve the Lord in their local church. The world may never hear about them, but when we get to Heaven, we will hear their name before we hear the names of the mean that were great in this world. For God looks at the one who gives their all, that is the one that truely unleashes the power that lies within. Thanks for sharing my friend!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Excellent piece! Alive with the flavours of optimism and dream. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much sir :)
★★INSPIRING★N'★ENCOURAGING★★
You write very beautifully, having an indomitable essence of purity n' reality..
I Genuinly love your writing..each piece conveys a thoughtful message..
thanks for sharing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much :) looking forward to reviewing your works too.
Basu Gupta

9 Years Ago

Curious to know your opinion..
I have the same suggestions for this as I did for "Kiss in the Rain". The breathe should be turned to breath and the superheros' names should be capitalized.

Other than that, you had me entangled in this poem from the title onward. I love the message in it: Just because you weren't gifted with some sort of supernatural power does not mean you do not have super powers. We all have to unleash the potential locked deep within ourselves. Your final stanza was a brilliant way to end this poem as well. =)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thanks girl for your detailed review.. :) i will accept the sound suggestions.
Ashira Macy

9 Years Ago

My pleasure Sophy, this was a wonderful read.
A most potent and profound piece of inspirational poetry and indeed, we all are unique and possess our latent superpowers, it's just a case of confidence and realising our full potential!

Quite brilliant Sophy, with your kind permission I'd like to recite this in the dressing room to our players just before our next cricket match ??

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Its a test series and if i will be glued to the idiot box i will be held up.But i am following it ,i.. read more
Tom

9 Years Ago

Agreed, let cricket be the winner !
Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Yea.. lets hope for the best. :)
true superpower is in our heart..n ur words just got it right..to unleash them we have look in ourself..even if its about a girl..it can be said same for guys..we r no super heros with super powers..but we all r strong..strong enough to fight..thanks for sharing..:)

Raj

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thanks Raj for your thoughtful words.You are right nobody is born with these powers.And may be male .. read more
no superpowers needed...just unleash the best self you have---that will power you through life--
i like the analogies used here to express the idea of pulling the most out of ourselves that we can...to use what we have.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind review.. :)
Sophy--Like you, I don't believe the worlds so called "superpowers" have done much for the world... not nearly the amount of good the simple acts of individual courage and kindness that people do every day have over the same period of history. We have our own superpowers, and if we all learn how to use them effectively and band together it is we, together, who can change the world. This poem is a great reminder of that fact, wonderfully penned and paced. Excellent work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much J.K.B :) yes you are absolutely right.we need to work together and contribute indi.. read more
that a great provoking poem. yes ! inside of us lies a superpower awaiting to be reveal.

keep up the good work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you Edward for your insightful words.. :)
really very inspirational....
All you need.......mission...superb
You will discern.........can be......encouraging....last lines awesome
I would love to read it as many times I can......
a great message at last......loved it....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thanks anne.. My pleasure you were inspired. :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 26, 2014
Last Updated on July 31, 2014

Author

Sophy Freebirds
Sophy Freebirds

Balangir, Odisha, India



About
Christened as Sophy i try to live up to this name.Introduction is something i am never good at.But if you want to know me,read me. My Real name is Ankita Sagar.Will be turning 19 soon this Septembe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..