~Voyage to the Unknown....

~Voyage to the Unknown....

A Poem by Sophy Freebirds
"

When persona comes awake to psyche's call..

"
Moon's clock strikes midnight;
Conciousness fades away ....
In the uncertain mist....

Persona comes wake to psyche's call,
Burying the huge mast of sentient thoughts...
Taken on this voyage of Unknown Destination;
Caged in this whirlwind of trepidation...

My mind's eye opens to a sight.....

Ashen faces void of any emotion;
Lips sewn in black thread of premonition....
Forbidden to give away their thoughts.....
They shake their heads in mock Nods...

Shrouded in Dawn's budding twilight,
My subconscious is gifted with Foresight....

Adorned with Augury for the future,
I have some flairs yet to nurture..
While travelling through this critical juncture....

~Sophy Freebirds ©

© 2015 Sophy Freebirds


Author's Note

Sophy Freebirds
Gift of foresight is granted to some.But they don't give away everything. Enjoy!! ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was carried away by the beautiful prospects of your dreaming mind amiga, it could be that you really are dreaming here, or in a quasi state you are, about almost to dream, but I think it's even more realistic, than ever, and it's a foresight indeed.... it is a sort of little mind vacation that you give me, by traveling through your thoughts, and with your good details, I can see everything very sharp, and I observe your world, through you. I felt kind of home here, for there are always things that could be felt, or seen before. The art is indeed to nurture some flairs, or thoughts, or feelings, before, you can actually build on them, but as you do, never ignore those little feelers you've got not for nothing... ;)
Just a die hard fan here... lol as always dear...

- Elisa

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Awww... thank you so much sweety :) you described my state of mind perfectly. Cheers to it

9 Years Ago

You are more than welcome lovely woman! xx
Like a soothsayer gazing into a crystal ball who has that unique special gift coveted by so many !

A wonderfully lucid and mystically penned poem, splendid indeed Sophy !

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

I think we are all chosen ones.. :) thank you so much Tom
The Voyage to the Unknown make us dream and hope. I like the way you described places and thoughts. We need the hunger to travel and test life. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much dear poet :)
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Amazing satire, of course there is no doubt for an artist his left brain is a gift.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mayank :)
Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mayank :)
interesting... :-) just back from a voyage...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thanks Swaroop :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KK
Im KK, and iv noticed you adore some of the poets on here. But let me say that your writing has more potential than theirs will ever have. I enjoyed this piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much K.K. i am humbled..
you have a flair for words that weave a beautiful yet dark pattern, great poem Sophy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you Richard.. glad you liked it :)
This is a deep and introspective piece with a lot to digest...who knows what sights will come to the mind's eye when opened? And what will come to us in our sleep? Sometimes it is nothing more than psychological gibberish, other times it brings us the most substantial visions that have us wondering for days what our minds are trying to tell us...one can only hope that our dreams are working in our favour and steering us in the right direction...the unknown destination is what guides us for better or worse...yet we must trudge on...this is a most thoughtful poem that will have me contemplating many things for a while to come...brilliant work as always Sophy :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Steve.. glad i could give your mind food :)
poets have some kind of intuition i believe...

we wake in the night with those thoughts...often write them down...but we are also often ignored...
voices that warn....voices that shine with the moon...
but are people listening?

most would react like Hamlet..."we defy augury" and yet...look what happened to him...
FATE.

a really good poem....i believe in this kind of perception....so this poem really moves me.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Yes i do agree.. overlooking the omens may result in doom. Thank you so much :)
Reminds me of a quote I once read "In tuition as the highest form of education and should not be ignored"

We all have that power but many ignore it for they don't believe in it… Outstanding writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

You are right Dale.Many underestimate it.. thank you so much :)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Always my pleasure :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

872 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on July 13, 2015

Author

Sophy Freebirds
Sophy Freebirds

Balangir, Odisha, India



About
Christened as Sophy i try to live up to this name.Introduction is something i am never good at.But if you want to know me,read me. My Real name is Ankita Sagar.Will be turning 19 soon this Septembe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..