THE ANNIVERSARY

THE ANNIVERSARY

A Poem by Southern Cross

                                                         THE ANNIVERSARY
I ran to you and fell into the limbo of my life.
What I thought was my Savior 
Has been my demise.

You tore down my walls,  promising they would 
Turn into a path leading 
Straight to your heart.

I ignored the  signs
The No Exit, Stop, Dead End...
Racing down that one way street.

The crash left me wondering
What is real and what
Is merely a fabrication of the mind.

Are we committed as lovers or
Just romantically connected strangers?
Sometimes neither, sometimes both.

There are times I think you have stolen my youth
Or perhaps gave it  back to me once again.
If nothing else, you make an inspiring muse.





© 2012 Southern Cross


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
~ you bet... your poetic voice is haunting and captivating... you write as if you're writing words from centuries ago... and they echo... there's so much depth in your poetry that it resounds... it's a war zone out there, sweetheart... between the purists who love love and the cynics who think they can change the definition of love... i'm not proud of the life i live... i need to live much more... but i'm truly proud of the kind of love i love... no cynic can survive its force... no one can rob me of hope... of poetry... of viewing the future as if it was full of possibilities... i relate to your poetry and your poetic voice a lot...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

Across the many miles, you and have have shared this crazy bond..and yes we love with abandon and ne.. read more
...

11 Years Ago

~ yeah... you said it... we're two crazy cookies... :P

~ there's one more of us... her.. read more



Reviews

Again we can feel you love and how much you have love and pain going through your heart.The pain that causes it but the way you fight and keep going never giving up. just again can feel you in this poem....

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

Than you for stopping by and reviewing :)
I have spent days reading this. Leaving, coming back and reading it again. Over and over. Many times it left a different impression with me.
The writing itself is haunting and beautiful. And in a style I recognize as you. There is always the honesty of your words a reader can depend upon. Perhaps that's why this keeps me wanting to put it at arm's length. Anniversary... I don't know whether to say congratulations and offer a toast, or offer sympathy and an understanding hug. Perhaps I'll hedge my bet, and offer both.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

You are so funny...umm sympathy is best in this case LOL but thank you for either
I'm not one to give advice about relationships or about writing....so I won't! I like this poem and your other ones very much and I'm sure you'll work that other stuff out on your own. I guess I would say that when you know you just know, you know?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the honest comment. It was most kind
As I see it, this poem basically says you are dissatisfied with the degree of loverboy's commitment; you convey this lyrically and with strong imagery.
"The Anniversary" is a poetic question posed to yourself.
You--and your muse--deserve a definitive answer.
On the other hand, that last line appears to indicate you've decided, for a while longer, to simply go with the proverbial flow.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

Perfect analysis..How much do I owe you and can I still sit on the couch for awhile longer...:)
Another great poem full of feeling. Emotion and understanding and analysis of the bargain between two people. It sounds as if you are far from certain?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

"Certain" gets closer everyday. Thank you for reading and umm..reading between those lines
John Alexander McFadyen

11 Years Ago

Don't take my advice, consider it. Do NOT force certainty as I am a past master at the wreckage it c.. read more
I thought the piece was about the anniversary of your relationship.
While looking for any clue of it,I found something very interesting.
It was the candid statement of your heart which emerged as lovely verses.
I was wondering how you created such magical lines as these:

"There are times I think you have stolen my youth
Or perhaps gave it back to me once again.
If nothing else, you make an inspiring muse."




Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

The Anniversary of my relationship with my muse ..One of those days..*sighs*
zainul

11 Years Ago

You got back those days back!
This one gave me chills, reminded me...touched me. We love, and we learn, and sometimes we just keep loving and learning. Love this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much so much for the moving review :)
Direct and determined..these are the writings that I enjoy most from you. :) You know what's happened, you know where things are going, and you know that you've moved on. Things were stolen from you for sure but you are so right..many things were given back to you through all of this. I do so enjoy when you just say what is on that amazingly talented mind.

Posted 11 Years Ago


what a metaphorically complex..yet simple...beautiful read. The Muses...they inspire both good and bad. When the Muse is nice..it feels so good. But when the Muse wrongs you...it inspires wonderful poetry. Ironic I think.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

This is so true. That which leaves us empty sometimes fills the void of creativity.
Muse

11 Years Ago

I cannot write unless my Muse is being abusive. lol
Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

Too funny but I so understand.
Wow... an incredible write from you. One of my favorites thats for sure. So poginant.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much,Cole..It was from my heart as all my writings are.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

357 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 11, 2012

Author

Southern Cross
Southern Cross

Miami, FL



About
I am passionate about all things in life. My free time is spent traveling, hiking, camping and white water rafting. I enjoy writing poetry and short stories, reading Mystery, Suspense and Thrillers. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Papyrus Papyrus

A Poem by MOON


Darling Darling

A Poem by MOON