THE VACUUM

THE VACUUM

A Poem by Southern Cross


                             THE VACUUM
Caught are we in this vacuum where time
Neither advances nor retreats.
Nothingness has become a state
Of imprisonment between two souls
Not lacking of love but of circumstance.
Moments shared become meaningless
In this emotional vapor..this
World where time has lost it's momentum.
Can we not accept what can never be?
Is the addiction too strong to sever
Like a gangrenous limb useless yet wanted?

© 2012 Southern Cross


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hope in time that you heart will heal and that you can feel loved and treated how you deserve it, These poems all tell us what you have been through and are still going through, Through it all i can tell you are a stronger and wiser person from it, Keep the faith and again love the words you write.. thanks ...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

My heart and soul is always evident in my writing..Thank you for reading
One of the hardest things I think I've ever found to do is to walk away from something I really wanted to work. There is always in the back of my mind the questions, "Did I do enough? Or try hard enough? Did I go down every avenue to make things right?" I can never really know the answers. I have to settle for I did what I could.
Your images here are sharp and clear.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

I don't think there are answers to this perplexing situation..Only time can determine this . I also.. read more
A wonderful poem full of imagery and all the things that make you a great writer.

I would say that you are definitely not the one stuck in a vacuum, you completely control the situation. You as Serah so wonderfully stated, have already lost your patience. You are simply waiting for that "bond" to be destroyed once and for all. It is true that time heals and I believe that you truly are healed. The addiction that once held on to you has died and you're a stronger woman for it.

Yes...I know I'm a guy and what do guys do, we solve problems and to this end..you have solved your problem.

I don't know about the children's books, while they would be wonderful I'm sure, I think your writing would be better served writing..other things :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the thoughtful review
Guess we should "part" from something or someone whom we r not truly a part of .. (She says but can not do) .. .. Why do we choose fire, when it just burns .. I don't know .. I just love basking in those hot places .. I am addicted , can't feel the burn, till later .. and as it heals, I long for more .. and even more, please .. .. awww .. what a world we women live in, and through ... Oh, great lines here, I felt each one, close ..

Jazzy

Posted 11 Years Ago


Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

Thank you Jazzy..I too love the burn sic eh?
J. J.  Nightingale

11 Years Ago

Not sick .. lol .. I hope ..lol :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
~ damn!! ~ when pains fuels such utter brilliance, i almost don't hate it!! ...

~ you've turned excruciating pain into powerfully poignant poetry... i read and re-read this piece in awe... the array of images you've etched is astounding... "vacuum"... "imprisonment"... "emotional vapor"... "time has lost its momentum"... "addiction too strong"... and... finally "gangrenous limb"... dudette, you've taken brevity and put it on a pedestal... as if it's a greek god to which your infinitely poetic heart is offering an incredible ode...

~ p.s. sometimes, the one we expect the most understanding from... is slow... and how slow is anyone's guess... and... ultimately, maybe it's about finding the limits of one's patience... i hate to say this... but i think it's pretty true in my case... i sincerely hope sometimes that i run out of patience soon...

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

~ oh, my precious princess... i won't... i can't if i tried... just promise me you'll pray that the .. read more
Southern Cross

11 Years Ago

I pray for your countries resolutions as i do for all the world beyond our boundaries
.

11 Years Ago

~ ah... then i'll be here... and you'll be here... and we'll laugh about writing children's books bu.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

157 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 16, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012

Author

Southern Cross
Southern Cross

Miami, FL



About
I am passionate about all things in life. My free time is spent traveling, hiking, camping and white water rafting. I enjoy writing poetry and short stories, reading Mystery, Suspense and Thrillers. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..