he .

he .

A Poem by kier
"

a short little poem about wishes in relationships.

"

I wish he was good. Good as in your mom isn’t afraid of you going to scary places, as long as he’s with you. I wish that he asked you out on dates, and I wish that he came to your door with flowers in hand, only to meet your father and his firm handshake. I wish that he would make small talk with your family in the entryway, while you finish getting ready to meet his standards. I wish that you exceeded his standards. I wish that when you walked down those stairs and made eye contact with him, he would smile like an idiot because he gets to take YOU out. Wow. What a lucky guy. I wish that he would promise your parents you’d be home by eleven, not a minute later. I wish that he’d open the door of his fixer-upper of a car for you. I wish that you would ask him where you were going, and he’d say “It’s a surprise.”, and you’d tell him that you didn’t like surprises because you were too anxious for the future. I wish that he’d tell you that you’ll be there soon, with a slight smile on his face. I wish that he would be a good driver. I wish that you make it to that special place, and are greeted with so many things that you didn’t know made you happy until right then.

I wish you were there, with someone you love, instead of here, with a keyboard and some words.

I wish you were there, because words only mean something if they are read.

And I wish that he would read them.

© 2017 kier


Author's Note

kier
just something i wrote when i was thinking a lot, don't be too harsh. it's kind of just a little teenage thing, and i want to see how this website works. also don't mind that i don't use proper grammar in my note, or title, or description, it's just my style.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is quite a thought-provoking, positive write, that speaks brilliantly of one's hope in wishing that others can attain such a love/happiness..
(make selfless wishes.)

I enjoyed the last three sentences the most...accurate & enlightening.

Thank you, for sharing -- barrie

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very sweet wishes! Wishes that I believe are at the core of our heart, we all wanna experience such moments of love. It's a gift from the Lord... I think it's a very sweet and honest write... From beginning of the poem had a beautiful thought in it that reached the reader... Well done...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Interesting thoughts that rattle around behind our eyes... as well as the stuff of daydreams and soft, silly smiles.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 2, 2017
Last Updated on January 2, 2017

Author

kier
kier

Canada



About
just a seventeen year old trying to share the thoughts in my head more..

Writing
Enlightenment Enlightenment

A Poem by kier



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..