Factions, Chapter 1

Factions, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Nate the Great
"

Manic shuts down a weapon deal.

"

Factions

Chapter 1

          Manic made his way to the docks. Supposedly, there was a shipment of… well… something coming in today. Manic climbed up the side of a storage building and stared down through the skylight. He saw two groups of people. Upon closer examination he recognized one of the groups as techs while the others must have been some kind of street gang. The group of Techs opened a box in front of them revealing some of the advanced weaponry they were known for. Manic leaned in to see if he could get a better look when one of the gang members shouted

“Who the heck is that?” Manic was seen!

“I was getting tired of waiting anyway” Manic said as he burst through the skylight.

“Oh screw that.” One of the Techs said as he fiddled with a device on his wrist. Just like that, all the Techs teleported away, leaving only a kind of digital dust in their wake.

“Cowards.” Manic said. Out of the blue, one of the street gang thugs rushes him with a knife in hand. Manic easily dodges the attack, grabs the thugs arm and breaks it over his knee. The gang member screams in agony and collapses.

“What a pushover.” Manic says when he suddenly feels many sharp pains in his back. He turns to find the two other gang members had unloaded their guns into him, smiles on their faces.

“Don’t look so satisfied; bullets are only a minor annoyance to me.” Manic said as his healing factor kicked in. The thugs watched in awe as were pushed out of his back by regenerating flesh and skin. It was at this moment that the thugs realized who they were up against, Manic, also

known as Psycho. The name fit Manic  well, he was bald and because of his tendency to not wear shirts, the scars covering his body were on full display.

“Now,” Manic said as he pulled out his axe “WHO WANT’S THE FIRST SLICE?” The thug looked in terror as Manic bounded towards them, axe at the ready. One of the thugs started running for the exit, while the braver of them stood his ground and continued shooting Manic. The bullets barely fazed Manic as he, without breaking sprint, cut the brave thug’s head off. The thug’s body hadn’t even hit the ground as Manic burst through the warehouse, not bothering with the exit.

Manic scanned the area for the last gang member. He spotted him making a mad dash for his car.

“No one escapes me.” Manic said as he threw his axe straight at the thug’s, hitting him dead on. Manic walked over to the fallen thug and retrieved his axe. Crimson followed him as he made his way back to the warehouse hoping to find clues as to what was going on there.

Manic spent a good ten minutes searching the warehouse before realizing he had no idea how to look for clues.

“THIS PREDICAMENT IS PRETZELING MY INNER LOBES!” Manic screeched. Manic wasn’t as smart (or sane) as others so he naturally had trouble in situations like this.

“Please don’t kill me.” said a voice behind Manic. He turned to find the thug whose arm he had broken crawling on the floor. “Come on man, I’ll do anything.” Said the thug trembling with fear.


Manic grabbed the thug by his good arm and pulled him to his feet. “You’re coming with me” Manic said.

“Coming with you where?” The thug asked fearfully.
“To Sanctuary.” Manic said as he began escorting the thug out of the warehouse.



© 2015 Nate the Great


Author's Note

Nate the Great
Just tell me what you think. Don't hold anything back.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on June 21, 2015
Last Updated on June 21, 2015
Tags: Superheros