Two perspective

Two perspective

A Story by Spoinkeru
"

Trying out perspectives between two people. A clown and a lemonade stand lady.

"

On a big street where people go and cars whizz by as the rusty hue of noon fill their windshields, I found myself looking on the glowing screen of my phone. I was looking for ideas I can incorporate for the upcoming party, adult and child alike are expecting a good time so delivering a performance that would make everyone laugh, yes even the gritty thirty-year-old cause I doubt they’ll laugh if I just honk the red nose on my painted face, is a given.

 

After wasting ten minutes staring on a screen, I decided to have a drink and went for the closest stall standing on the side-walk. Seven inches to my left is a lemonade stand with a big plastic box housing a murky brown substance. You’d think it’s rusty water if it weren’t for the bits of ice forcefully drowned on it.

 

Behind the said concoction is a woman that looked pleasing to the eyes, but as I stroll closer, I understood she looked better from afar, the type of woman you’d see in fashion magazine that sourpuss and housewives would idolize.

 

“A drink sir?”

 

She asked as if confident that I’ll buy one, damn this heat.

 

“Yes…”

 

Ignorant of my rude speculation and insults, the woman wiped away the dew living within her thick eyebrows and scooped the ‘juice’ into a cup that would hardly solve my parch.

 

“Fifteen dollars sir!”

 

Fifteen?

 

I looked at the bright yellow dollar symbol embossed near her store’s name.

 

“It says five dollars?”

 

“Yes, but what about the customer service sir? I’m not usually polite and well spoken.”

 

“Isn’t being polite and well spoken necessary in this line of work?”

 

“Not for rude people, sir.”

 

What does she even mean by that- Oh… Turns out she wasn’t ignorant at all, damn it. It must have been my make up. Haa… Damn it. This job is messing up my mind.


“I see… Here then.”

 

I paid the expensive shot of lemonade.


“Thanks for the business, sir!”


I gave her a nod and turned away.

 

“And… good luck…”


“Uh…. Huh?”

 

I turned around, only to see the woman waving at me with an even brighter smile. I swear I just heard something. 


Huh… Must’ve been the wind.


Other perspective


The sun was at its peak and commercials of resorts and beach get-away were televised on discounted flat screens from the shop next door when I noticed a sweaty man hovelling down the side-walk.


The sore red-nose and thick makeup on his face is a dead giveaway of his profession and it looked like he is on the verge of figuring something out.


After all, he didn’t notice the odd looks and jeers of the passersby, or the smile of the beggar who wore a hole-ridden jacket next to the leaning lamp post. He continued on walking until his throat moved and found the heavenly heat beaming down on him.


His eyes move to my stand and recognized that he can refresh himself, but I don’t like the look of his dark bulging eyeballs.

I know it’s rude stick these outlooks on to him but I can’t stop this thought from entering my head, and it solidified its position when I saw him act the same as the crowd who is mocking him. His lip moved to the side, forming a horrendous grin that you’d only see on offenders.


But a customer is a customer, so even if rude; a dollar is a dollar.


“A drink sir?”


I asked, making sure that my mouth is smiling.


“Yes…”


I took out the smallest cup I could find and ignored his piercing gaze on my forehead.


After filling up the meager cup, I hand it to him and said:


“Fifteen dollars sir.”


Triple the prize of your usual lemonade.


As expected, he looked disturbed and double-backed between me and the sign of my stand.


“It says five dollars?”


“Yes, but what about the customer service sir? I’m not usually polite and well spoken.”


“Isn’t being polite and well spoken necessary in this line of work?”


“Not for rude people, sir.”


Ah darn it… I said it. Now he’s going to scream and complain!


However, no loud voices came and his hands didn’t even move. Instead, there his bulging eyes have returned to their usual position and there was a shade of guilt on his face.


“I see… Here then.”


He hands the fifteen dollars. At first, I thought that I shouldn’t take them but it would be a waste, not to mention, he’s the one who began so it’s just right to take it.


“Thanks for the business, sir!”


I returned.


“And… good luck…”


I whispered.


“Uh…. Huh?”


Mr. Clown turned around as if unsure if he heard something, however I just gave him a big wave and a big smile, hoping that the redness of my face is fazed by the golden light of summer.

© 2024 Spoinkeru


Author's Note

Spoinkeru
Thanks for dropping by!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on March 2, 2024
Last Updated on March 2, 2024
Tags: Going to make it out with this o, fifteen dollar lemonade, Not a scam promise

Author

Spoinkeru
Spoinkeru

McDonald, Dollar menu, Heard Island/McDonald Islands



About
Trying to make it out with this one. more..

Writing