Earth's Prognostication

Earth's Prognostication

A Poem by OtherWorldWoman

I feel every scar

Of the trained deliverance

radiating from your heart

How many daggers

have you thrown yourself upon?

As the sky swallows the oceans of the earth

Through satan's fulminating rage

We stand banded by aversion

to the end of our serenity

 

Rise up

Bloody palms to solaris

Arrows of fire

Rain down valleys in the earth

Scorching soil and stone

Brick and building nullified

 

Let them crumble

Let them crumble

To the matting of dust below

 

The unstaunched terror drives us to kill

The vicious dispersion

of a manifested decimation

Scarcity of surival shredding each settling thought

© 2011 OtherWorldWoman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Is it 2012 already? Dang, that was some party last night!

"Rise up/Bloody palms to solaris" intrigues, given the classic SF novel title, and the Russian film, both (w/different tones) about the idea of a sentient ocean pulling simulacral phantasms from the psyches of scientists on a distant planet.

Anyway, we either scornfully rock the Apocalypse, or we find some way to be other than half-baked occupants of psi-meat more sophisto than we are.

We might well take sardonic solace from the fact we've been individually and collectively (as FORM) slain by Time and History as regularly as heartbeats.

Your poem eloquently sketches the ancient Shadow.

Gimme Zen, Apocalypso!


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very descriptive, wow. Just chilling based on your word choice. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Is it 2012 already? Dang, that was some party last night!

"Rise up/Bloody palms to solaris" intrigues, given the classic SF novel title, and the Russian film, both (w/different tones) about the idea of a sentient ocean pulling simulacral phantasms from the psyches of scientists on a distant planet.

Anyway, we either scornfully rock the Apocalypse, or we find some way to be other than half-baked occupants of psi-meat more sophisto than we are.

We might well take sardonic solace from the fact we've been individually and collectively (as FORM) slain by Time and History as regularly as heartbeats.

Your poem eloquently sketches the ancient Shadow.

Gimme Zen, Apocalypso!


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This like a the trailer fo a really awesome video game, at least in scope and feel. The feelings and emotions are much more serious though and reek of total frustration and anger. Huge scope, venomous bite...nice work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very deep and powerful poem!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Through satan's fulminating rage" Satan should be capitalized, since it's a name.

"We stand banded by aversion" A nice departure from the usual ideas that band people together "love, humanity, etc)

"solaris" Interesting use of the word. This tends to be a term used in science, so it is intriguing, your mixing of the divine apocolypse and scientific terms. Alludes to the idea that science may have something to do with this, or perhaps covers the bases of beliefs.

"Bloody palms to solaris" Again may allude to the idea that science is somewhat responsible, since "bloody palms" makes the reader think of red palms, which leads to red-handed, a phrase that means guilty of a crime or responsibility for something.

"Let them crumble
Let them crumble
To the matting of dust below" Considering what this stanza is saying, it is appropriate you used three lines in it. The number three in literature and poetry almost always represents destruction or death, so the structure of your poem is reinforcing the theme.

"Scarcity of surival shredding each settling thought" A good way to end, revoking any hope the reader may be left with for the survival of the speaker. Also, I love alliteration, so it made me happy, even though your poem in its entirety left me with a feeling of desolation.

Good job. I liked this poem. Full of great imagery and nicely elevated diction. Nicely done.

READ WRITE REVIEW

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
QC
This seemed somewhat apocalyptic, which if i think about it, is probably why i thought this poem was so fantastic. Crumbling buildings, fire everywhere.... it instilled some fearful images in my mind. This was so descriptive, you used your words very nicely. It flowed greatly.

My favorite part:

Let them crumble
Let them crumble
To the matting of dust below

I liked the use of no punctuation. It's mysterious.

wow. just wow. really great write!

READ, WRITE, REVIEW

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, that was cool, very dark and emotive. There was something apocolyptic about this, which is probably why i like this.
Nice job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is absolutely fantastic. Within the poem you drive mystery and fear within us. I got the chills whilst reading it! My favorite was the final set of four, and how it brought the poem to a I daresay epic ending. I love how you make the words not common, but use complete vocabulary that we don't hear every day, such as "unstaunched" and "aversion". But that's just me. The words etch inside of your mind, a dark, almost evil poem, but not too evil. Evil enough to get the point strongly across. Well done, I say. Well done!

READ, WRITE, REVIEW

Posted 13 Years Ago


as how I am a complete and utter vocab fail, I ended up looking up half these words, but I loved the way they sounded. Once I haded out the meaning of the words your poem really sunk in. Amazing job, it was dark but not cynical.
READ, WRITE, REVIEW

Posted 13 Years Ago


..Arrows of fire Rain down valleys in the earth Scorching soil and stone
Brick and building nullified.. this poem sticks a powerful image and this is my favorite line.



Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

576 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2011
Last Updated on January 17, 2011

Author

OtherWorldWoman
OtherWorldWoman

Canada



About
if (typeof pap_o == "undefined") {var pap_o = document.onmouseup;if (typeof pap_o == "undefined") pap_o = function(){return true;};function papSetC($Name,$Value,$EndH){var exdate=new Date();$EndH=e.. more..

Writing
Gone Gone

A Poem by OtherWorldWoman



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Swan Black Swan

A Poem by OT