Vibrations in the Observations of an Acid Head

Vibrations in the Observations of an Acid Head

A Poem by OtherWorldWoman

The cord
is a tail
to the chair

It strings our voices
into the walls

Shadows scream in
in twisted shapes

They echo
They echo
silent pleas

A silence
that shakes
our
reality
loose

Everything is melting
into
    scarlet glue
The carpet
unyielding
to
infinitesimal flames

Bedrock.

Whispers given
none received

Alone? Yes.
No...
A shadow shifts.
Mine? No.
Yes?
Tumbling spoken things
crawling towards the gyprock
That animal
staring
smiles like the face
that belonged to my head
yesterday...
or was it last year?


© 2011 OtherWorldWoman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I've always been a fan of that gray background you use (was it you that always had that in your poems? Not sure, but anyways). I never would of guessed this was a concrete poem if OT hadn't said anything. :P I really liked how you used all those interesting words like: "infinitesimal flames", "unyielding", and "scarlet glue". I thought those were really thought out and creative and they made the poem that much better to read.

My favorite lines would have to be either:
"Whispers given
none received"

or

"That animal
staring
smiles like the face
that belonged to my head"

Those stood out to me the most because they had an eerie feeling about them when I read it. The poem was very nicely done, and I couldn't expect less from you. Thank you for the read request, it was definitely not a waste of my time.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Shadows scream in
in twisted shapes

and sometimes they reveiw the poem lol, love this piece the imagery and the darkened undertones tearing the fabric of the norm to shreds, love the discriptive twisted nature of your words, so many great quotes to make one think. Loved it did I say that already, keep em' coming ~ Shadow

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This felt like an acid trip. Perhaps partly because of the layout, and because of the vagueness of the content. It was a bit mystifying, to say the least. I got that it was dark, but I didn't quite get what the basic premise was. Maybe there isn't one, and it is just the random inner workings of a dark, confused mind. Which would be a very interesting idea. It felt like a sinister trip through Underland.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow,very different from the usual poems on here,but really awesome,
i liked how you wrote it out!
made it unique!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mystifying.
It made me think of a mixture between schizophrenia and claustrophobia.
Quite the interesting write with an exceptional choice of words.
The questions he seemed to ask himself in the poem made you think and ask yourself; leaving something to ponder. Thanks for the read request.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this really stands out. i love it:D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting. I haver never read an abstract poem before to my knowledge. One of the things I liked best about this poem was the format, the way each line moved down and to the side. It was like as I read I was falling into the scenes described by your poem. I wonder at those infinitessimal flames...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the structure of this poem, it goes well with the wording. Excellent write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow I like this very much. It's something new that I've come across. The layout of the poem caught my attention drastically, and I found myself becoming lost in the words. Your broad vocab use was splendid. I loved how this poem flowed so well. The gray background that you use, the one that has been mentioned by other writers, is something that I too have liked. Keep at it. You're really good. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, I love this.. well laid out and exciting.. Feels like yesterday:) xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow talk about observations of an acid head..I think I should show this to my friend Jimbo, this would make perfect sense to him! I do love the first few stanzas of this write. Everything is phrased unexpectedly..but I guess that's what you get when you read an abstract poem. This is truly brilliant though and I enjoyed reading it..I plan to share it with Jimbo!! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

591 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 3, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2011

Author

OtherWorldWoman
OtherWorldWoman

Canada



About
if (typeof pap_o == "undefined") {var pap_o = document.onmouseup;if (typeof pap_o == "undefined") pap_o = function(){return true;};function papSetC($Name,$Value,$EndH){var exdate=new Date();$EndH=e.. more..

Writing
Gone Gone

A Poem by OtherWorldWoman



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..