Maybe One Day...

Maybe One Day...

A Poem by OtherWorldWoman

I try to be positive as much as possible, but there are always going to be things about this world that I cannot stand. I do not understand the ways of thinking of people who must keep two feet planted firmly on the ground at all times. I do not understand why people-- and for the time being, this does include myself--live their one short life with so many inane restrictions; with so much fear, anger and regret. The focus of our modern global population, on average has a boundless desire to collect millions of objects which we tend to place great value upon. For what? It does not fill an otherwise empty sense of satisfaction. If anything, we are depleted more by every ounce of this material that we acquire. We have forgotten our own histories, our own roots and day-by-day we invade the roots of others, replacing them with ideas that will one day consume them just as we are consumed by them.

We are the creators of our own destruction.

Despite my own material goals, decided upon because I do, in fact, live in this world a good majority of the time (when I am not hiding inside my mind) of reaching some success through a career that I hope to enjoy after I go through years of schooling I hope I can afford; My only real goal is to be free of it all. I want to return to nature and live peacefully. I want to live off of the essentials that I provide for myself. These are the things that I desire so wildly, but this "concrete jungle" as many like to call it is based on those little pieces of paper that most of us recognize as money, as currency, as the stuff that allows us to survive. "Maybe one day..." is a phrase I get sick of hearing myself say.

© 2011 OtherWorldWoman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

More of a rant than a poem..perhaps it should have been listed under a different catagory..Valentine

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If only we could stay in that mindset all the time.

You make a valid point here. Money is NOT everything, but it is our prison. It reminds me of those movies where the inmates are dying to get out, but can't.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful write to breaking, all the lows important is the meaning........

Posted 12 Years Ago


Every reader that relate to this piece. Such train of thoughts is perhaps the driving force behind those certain group of people who do succeed in breaking free from this chain of gathering more material wealth and finally get back to being a whole human living in a synchronous life with the nature.

The essense of your piece is to live in the moment and live fully, without regrets or anger. Message well conveyed. Great write. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Rambeling truths of an inner termoil. We ask and we scream out for some final answer we hope to hear, put cant seem to grasp. If not for questions we are without any form of direction.


Posted 12 Years Ago


Your an amazing writer,
I like the different structure, but it made the feel more of a story or rant then a poem, but good writing nonethe less,
I know the feeling that "we are the creators of our own destruction." it is so true.
And I also hide in my own mind, as I speak about in my poem "the Book" its all the other books inside, how many lives I have lived, that i wish i were living.
I feel the same feeling towards the feeling of freedom.
But I believe that our bodies are only carriers or shells of something much greater then ourselves. That we are often searching for something that we can never achieve as we are in the forms that we are in, as Yoda says "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter"
Cheers
Drey

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
6 Reviews
Added on September 10, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011

Author

OtherWorldWoman
OtherWorldWoman

Canada



About
if (typeof pap_o == "undefined") {var pap_o = document.onmouseup;if (typeof pap_o == "undefined") pap_o = function(){return true;};function papSetC($Name,$Value,$EndH){var exdate=new Date();$EndH=e.. more..

Writing
Gone Gone

A Poem by OtherWorldWoman