Background

Background

A Chapter by Francesca Darcy

History of Elendor

Elendor was once a galactic empire, ruled by the Empress Elsinore.Upon her death however, the empire divided itself among the minor kings and queens of Elendor. And the lands that were once called Elendor now have different names attached to them. Even the combined rebel forces, led by the Aparatus could not unify the people as they once did under Elsinore.   

The age of Elendor was forever gone.

History of Magic

In order to receive magical powers, a person must possess a gem from between the colours of translucent and black. The person will normally be granted a gem at the time of his or her birth. It will then be replaced by a lighter or darker gem on the person's seventh birthday, which will again be replaced by a lighter or darker gem at the person’s coming-out  (coming of age) ceremony. Should the person be declined a gem, the person can still achieve greatness via various means including the use of intelligence and physical strengths.

At the bottom of the hierarchy are the slaves and mechanical beings, they are believed to be soulless and are treated as ‘less’.

At the top of the hierarchy are the queens and kings, who are perceived as the mothers / fathers of their land.

Rarely in the history of Elendor, a king and/or queen would bow before a higher authority, such as the presence of an empress.



© 2015 Francesca Darcy


Author's Note

Francesca Darcy
This is my first try.
Please review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on January 4, 2015
Last Updated on January 6, 2015


Author

Francesca Darcy
Francesca Darcy

Australia



About
Writing is my passion, my obsession. My lacking of writing experience makes me love it more. more..

Writing