A Prologue

A Prologue

A Chapter by YahYa Moolla
"

Part 1 of 2

"

I sat at my desk in the dimly lit study. The stench of smoke and alcohol lingered in the air. I had become immune to it. Sitting back, I let my chair rock as i stared out the window. It was late, I glanced over at the clock on my desk. 02h50 it read in a bright green hue. The only signs of life were city lights pulsating as if they had a heartbeat of their own. I pulled out the bottle of whisky from my drawer and set it on the table. My eyes began to fall, and the tiredness crept in. I poured some whisky into a glass and took a swig. I stared down on to the only piece of paper lying on my table. I read the letter, deeply. All the while I kept drinking.


I set the glass down on the piece of paper. I rose from my chair and walked to the balcony. I pulled the door to the side and took in the polluted smell of the dead city. I stared into the horizon and approached the railing. My eyes closed as I raised myself up and over. My beloved friends would read the letter tomorrow, and surely they would understand…


I was falling…with a crooked smile on my face.




© 2011 YahYa Moolla


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Author's Note

YahYa Moolla
Too much use of the word "I" - I will work on fixing this soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on January 3, 2011
Last Updated on January 3, 2011


Author

YahYa Moolla
YahYa Moolla

Johannesburg, Guateng, South Africa



About
I am a 20 year old male living and working in South Africa. I am currently employed by Dimension Data, Internet Solutions. I am a Network Engineer and serve the role and duties of a Monitoring Agent. .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by YahYa Moolla


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by YahYa Moolla


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by YahYa Moolla