Valentine's Eve

Valentine's Eve

A Poem by Savannah B.
"

I wrote this with angry passion just minutes before Valentine's Day and decided to leave it unedited to keep it true and raw. (Don't worry, I am much happier now hahaha)

"
You know if things had been different, I would fight for you.
I would never stop fighting for you.
After my heart was ripped out of my blood spattered chest, I'd keep fighting.
After they'd pour salt in the wound it left me, I'd still fight.
I would jump into perilous, murky blue waters filled with the most terrifying sharks.
I would skip over molten lava rock.
I would fly you to the moon and back.
Over and over and over again, I would fight for you. I would die for you. I would live for you. I love you. I would fight.
But I won't fight her. No, not that girl who is receiving your full attention right now.
The one who looks at you the way I did.
Or is it a different look?
I looked at you like a puppy would look at it's human, only wanting to love and please and give my all.
If that is how she looks at you, how can I fight her?
Her.
The new me.
I won't fight someone who is there for you. Someone who loves you. The only one you see.
Why should I fight her when it's clear you no longer desire me?

I would fight for you if things had been different, you know.
But if it were meant to be, it wouldn't be like this. We wouldn't have been thrown apart. It wouldn't be this goddamn hard.

I love you but I can't fight for you anymore.

© 2017 Savannah B.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The passion is certainly on view here. Oddly, we often write our best in towers of high emotion. Still, I am glad to hear you got over him.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Added on August 16, 2017
Last Updated on August 16, 2017
Tags: Valentine's Day, Valentine's Eve, broken heart, unrequited love, lost love

Author

Savannah B.
Savannah B.

About
I go to an art university for a degree in Art Education. Expression fascinates me. My posted work so far is just some poems I have written since I was young to present day. Possibly some autobiogra.. more..

Writing
I Am I Am

A Poem by Savannah B.