Actress Lorena McGregor

Actress Lorena McGregor

A Story by starpower




Lorena McGregor is a talented young actress who has generated a lot of buzz around Hollywood. Born in Durango, Mexico, the Latin actress desired to fulfill her dreams of becoming an actress from a very young age. In high school, she performed in her first musical and soon after, moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting. She the Stella Adler Acting Of Acting, where famous actors such as Robert DeNiro, Salma Hayek and Marlon Brando have attended. It was there that she was able to train both her body and voice and develop her technique.


McGregor has established herself as a leading stage performer, appearing in a series of notable plays. One of her most memorable roles was Maggie in the theater production Shadow Box. McGregor cites this as her most challenging role, calling it “tough but a beautiful and nourishing experience”. In the play, Maggie is the wife of a terminally ill patient and struggles to be a good wife and mother while losing the love of her life. While such a role would be hard to play for such a young actress, Lorena McGregor’s determination and skill led her to deliver one of her best performances.


Currently, Lorena McGregor has taken on one of her biggest roles ever in the upcoming film “Chavez”. The film, written by Keir Pearson (Hotel Rwanda) and directed by Diego Luna, chronicles the life of the labor organizer and civil rights activist. Lorena plays the oldest daughter of Cesar Chavez, Sylvia, working alongside such popular actors as Michael Pena and America Ferrera. In this challenging role, McGregor must accurately depict the unity of the Chavez family in the face of intense adversity and struggle.


McGregor draws much of her inspiration from some of her favorite actors, including Daniel Day Lewis, Meryl Streep and Salma Hayek. She has a keen admiration for those who are not afraid to step out of the box and take on challenging, more adventurous roles. She also hopes to work alongside many of her favorite actors at some point in her career.


With all of her excellent work in Hollywood, Lorena McGregor has been offered a number of new projects which she hopes to take on in the future. For now, she hopes to inspire young actors and actresses to believe in themselves and always pursue their dreams.


© 2013 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1702 Views
Added on February 28, 2013
Last Updated on February 28, 2013
Tags: lorena mcgregor

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing