Profile- Australian Actress Sarah Hopkins

Profile- Australian Actress Sarah Hopkins

A Story by starpower
"

Sarah Hopkins- Aussie Actress

"




Sarah Hopkins was born in Perth, Australia to Australian and Indian parents. She started dancing at the age of three learning tap, jazz and ballet. Her family moved to Canada when she was ten, where she became interested in acting. She was scouted by an agent while out with family and appeared in national commercials for Cheerios, Winners and Calvin Klein as well as appearing in print work.


After going back to Australia, she joined the Prompt Corner Theatre Company in Perth and hit the stage in major musicals including Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and Bielke, Tevye’s youngest daughter, in Fiddler on the Roof. After graduating high school she joined the Actor’s College of Theatre and Television in Sydney. Shortly after she applied and received a place at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts which boasts the fantastic Danny De Vito and Kim Cattrall as alumni.


During her studies she was active in stage productions as well as Australian short films such as Hidden Depths, Me Luv, Andy and Lekshmi, as well as appearing in the web series Fantasy Fights and a number of commercials.


She has two lead roles coming up in short films as well as two feature films one of which is by Heart Anchor Productions and the other by Draw Me A Sheep Productions. She is also looking forward to appearing in a TV mini-series This is a Lie produced by Tanner Gordon Productions and Darkwoods Productions, which is most known for producing The Walking Dead and The Green Mile.


Besides acting, Sarah has also been active in the dancing circuit and performed in and around London and has even performed alongside Bollywood star Sonu Nigam. She hopes to someday work in a series like True Blood or Girls.

© 2013 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1167 Views
Added on March 14, 2013
Last Updated on March 14, 2013
Tags: Sarah Hopkins

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing