Australia's Kristy Hocking

Australia's Kristy Hocking

A Story by starpower
"

Australian actress, Kristy Hocking

"


From a shy young girl growing up in Wagga Wagga, Australia to a flourishing stage and screen actress, Kristy Hocking is more in love with her art and industry than ever. As an admirer of such acting greats as Leonardo DiCaprio, and Abby Cornish, Kristy is grateful to walk in their footsteps and works to also become an acting icon.


Kristy recognized at an early age that in order to bring authentic work to the screen and stage she needed to study her craft and gain some life experience, which would give the characters she played, depth. This led to her ongoing studies at the prestigious Actors center, Australia of whom Hugh Jackman is a patron, and also the universally recognized National Institute of Dramatic Art where many Aussie acting greats had been before her. Kristy's sense of adventure led her traveling through Europe gaining invaluable life experience before she decided if she wanted to fully invest herself in her acting career, she would need to relocate to tinsel town itself. In 2011 Kristy was awarded a scholarship to the New York Film Academy and this was the beginning of her migration to the US.


To date, her favorite role has been that of playing a bounty hunter in a post-apocalyptic world in the short film, “Quarry”. As an admirer of action and adventure, this opportunity allowed her to utilize her hyperactive imagination and training in stage combat. “Quarry” is in post-production and promotion of the film will begin in the next few months. Along with finishing the short film, she recently completed filming “My Roommate the Gleek”, a web-series that parodies the hit TV show “Glee”. Kristy currently performs improv twice a month at the Neon Venus Theater, and has already lined up work on a couple of independent films for 2013. She plans to continue to secure acting jobs in both, the US and Australia and is currently creating her own web-series.


Kristy’s young introduction to drama helped her express herself, exercise her creativity and build her confidence. It is the appreciation for that exposure that has led her to the desire in the future to start a non-profit performing arts school for kids and teens in Australia. Her advice for aspiring actors is to focus not on how long your dream is taking but on how much work you put into the pursuit. “There is always room for exploration of the human condition, so get out there and start creating”, she recommends.





© 2013 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2332 Views
Added on March 20, 2013
Last Updated on March 20, 2013
Tags: kristy hocking

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing