Lucy Campbell- Australian Actress and Beauty

Lucy Campbell- Australian Actress and Beauty

A Story by starpower
"

Australian Actress- Lucy Campbell

"



A lot of people would simply dream and do not go in the direction of their dreams, especially after they have reached their thirties. However, Lucy Campbell remains one of the few people who chose to work on her dreams and become a success as well. After starting her acting career at 24 years of age, despite Lucy getting good auditions and better more callbacks..she  was not keen on waiting for the phone to ring and revolving her life around auditions and lasted only four months as she wanted something more tangible. Just like many other people, she chose to opt for a field that was stable and safer and went into radio presenting. After a successful stint travelling Australia doing regional radio, she was offered a ticket to London by her family who said " go for it Lucy, do the London thing while you can and travel up a storm , you can always come back to radio" so she seized the opportunity and took off for some juicy life experience. 


Once back from what turned into an 18 month adventure Lucy immediately got a job back in the corporate world for a month and that month turned into 3.5 years. Lucy was avoiding her dreams as she knew that path was a big one and it was far different to the path her friends in Sydney were living, settling down and having babies. Lucy realized she had lost the sparkle in her eyes and that it was time to get it back. She resigned and booked into a 6 week acting course as she still had a very strong desire to give this acting thing a strong nudge and realized there was actually no valid reason why she couldn't other than fear. She says that it was odd sitting with younger people who were just 19, but her aspirations and continuous practice helped her a lot in this move and very quickly she started to feel alive again and could see the sparkle making its way back into her eyes.


She later went to attend  The Atlantic Theater and The Susan Batson Studio, which are highly considered acting schools in the world of acting. She worked in a short film called ‘Diamonds’ which has been submitted for the Sundance festival. At present, this 34 year old Aussie beauty just finished working on a movie called ‘Welcome To New York’ starring Gerard Depardieu and Jacqueline Bisset. It is not just acting that has made Lucy a popular face in Australia. She has done a number of voice overs for big clients including Huggies, Babies R Us, RTA, Special K, Toyota, Roads & Traffic  Campaigns, Homeland TV promos, Good Food Week and more. She has appeared in television commercials including ING Bank and The Cheesecake Shop. Not only this, she has worked as a radio presenter and an emcee in various events too.


However, this is not where this lady stops. She is a singer / songwriter too and sings in a duo called ‘Johnnie4Lucy’. This duo is very popular in the acoustic folk genre and has performed at various prestigious venues in Australia including Sydney's leading live music venue called The Basement as well as El Rocco Jazz Club, The Supper Club,Icebergs, Will & Toby’s , The Roundhouse and many more. Apart from this Lucy adores yoga and has been a ski instructor as well. She possesses so many talents that calling her just an actress would be wrong. We call her a complete package. She is moving fast in her acting career and we wish her all the best for it.


© 2013 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2141 Views
Added on June 18, 2013
Last Updated on June 18, 2013
Tags: lucy campbell

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing