From Bollywood Watching Hollywood Movies, Actor Vikrant Sahdev

From Bollywood Watching Hollywood Movies, Actor Vikrant Sahdev

A Story by starpower
"

Actor Vikrant Sahdev continues his success in acting.

"



Vikrant Sahdev, is a successful actor who has worked in television, stage plays and film. He grew up in India watching Bollywood films but when western entertainment and movies became more accessible due to globalization (via satellite TV channels) he became totally enamored by them. He found that he loved American movies far more than what the local cinema offered, simply because of their realistic tone and presentation.

 

He would sit and watch all he could whenever he could and enjoyed all the different genres and styles of Hollywood movies. The genuineness of American films, including the acting and their structure of storytelling appealed to him. He was also quite impressed by the pure craft, authenticity and production values in each film he watched. He had never before seen such a range of technical and content-rich, diverse set of films. When asked what actors and movies influenced him the most, Vik said that there were just too many great films and terrific actors in both Indian and American industry, to boil it down to just a few. He believes that over the years of diligently watching all those movies, he has appreciated so many screen legends that to name only handful would be unjustified.

 

When we asked Vik what he would have done if films had not caught his attention he told us that his original life career path was engineering because he was a bright student in science. He also told us that there were no extra-curricular activities like school plays to feed his creative urges at that time. If he had been exposed to a good stage or drama department early on, he might have made his career choice in acting a lot sooner than he did. Years later after earning his graduate degree in Houston, he discovered that there were plenty of opportunities to pursue his passion for performing after hours. That’s when the acting bug really bit him.

 

Vikrant is currently testing for TV pilots and is working on several short films.


© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on December 18, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Tags: vikrant sahdev, actor, hollywood, bollywood, movies, film

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing