Charles Ancelle -Behind The Filmmaking

Charles Ancelle -Behind The Filmmaking

A Story by starpower
"

The amazing resume' of filmmaker Charles Ancelle

"


Charles at the Brooklyn West Fest

French born, Charles Ancelle is making a name for himself in Hollywood. The filmmaker produces, writes and directs projects across vast medium, including feature films, short films, television, web series and videos. 

 

Born in France, Charles was inspired by the films of Stanley Kubrick. I think before that, I saw films as pure entertainment, but watching Kubrick, I realized that film was so much more and I decided to look deeper into it.Charles pursued his childhood dreams of becoming a filmmaker while studying at the Maine Media Workshops. He credits American approach to filmmaking and American culture for becoming the filmmaker that he is today. Charles studied at The New York Film Academy, and at The Sorbonne in Paris - leading to his first job on a film set as a camera operator on the French feature film, 'Freres Ennemis’.

 

Charles’ producing career began with the short film, Le Scare De LA Nuit. Starring Lucie Bucquet, Alexis Gilot, and Raphaele Lenseigne, the film was prestigious 2009 Cannes Short Film Festival as an Official Selection. Charles wrote and directed the film. 

 

Charles followed up with his next film, John Bondage. Co-produced with producing partner, Anna Skrypka, John Bondagereceived international recognition - chosen as an official selection at a The Cannes Short Film Corner, The HollyShorts Film Festival, The Costa Rica International Film Festival and the International Film Festival of Cinematic Arts.

 

Charles’ film credits include, The Pinhole Affect, which he directed, and produced. The film stars American celebrities, Elena Satine, Tyson Ritter, Ben Reed, and Alessandra Toressani. The feature film, ‘Waves’, was produced by Charles and directed by Don Gerardo Frasco, ‘Waves’ had a wide release in the Philippines and was a critical acclaim, stars Baron Geisler and Pilar Pilapil. The film, ’At Last’, won First Prize in the category Fiction Of The Monthat the 12 Months Film Festival, and was selected at the Silver Springs International Film Festival, and the Maryland International Film Festival.

 

Charles believes in constantly growing and learning his craft. Learning is all about making mistakes, then being able to identify those mistakes and figure out how to avoid them in the future. I think that process happens by making mistakes through hands on experiences, and understanding and learning from them in a classroom. A lot of different things can happen in a classroom: discussions, workshops, exercises, those can teach people a lot.Charles taught a seminar on Independent Film Production at The New York Film Academy. and has been interviewed by Judith Jones for the Actors Entertainment Online Series.

 

Among the highlights of Charles Amcelles career are his most recent projects. He wrote, directed and co-produced the films, Sophie, and the film, ’Sisters’. As a producer, he experimented in the music business, collaborating with artist, Alina Ly for her music videos, Undercurrent, and ‘Higher”. The critically acclaimed web series, Behind The Blinds AKA Filmmaking 101is in production as the first season is set for full release. The series earned 300.000 views in the first month of its release on the ASCA YouTube Channel. 

© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on February 12, 2019
Last Updated on February 12, 2019
Tags: Charles Ancelle, film, movies, hollywood

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing