The Amazing Work Of Filmmaker Alberto Accettulli

The Amazing Work Of Filmmaker Alberto Accettulli

A Story by starpower
"

Following his love of filmmaking all over the world Alberto Accettulli

"



Learn by doing is a great phrase and a lot of craftsmen and craftswomen and artists understand just what that means. Some people go to art school or film school and they learn a great deal from their teachers, but the way they truly learn is to actually get out there and put their hands on a camera and make a film. Without hands-on involvement all you have is theory and the knowledge �" with no experience.

 

Alberto Accettulli, the very talented Italian film director and cinematographer, initially learned his trade by simply grabbing a camera and doing it. He also watched a lot of movies, documentaries and videos and learned from their techniques. All this self-schooling and later earning a degree in cinematography, has made Alberto one of the most sought after filmmakers, especially as a creator of action sports videos, in the world. His dedication to his art and craft has also thrown fame his way in the guise of prestigious awards such as his spectacular success at the America’s Cup Video Contest where he won first place. He also wins high praise and audience appreciation when his videos screen at the Bicycle Film Festival, which is the most important bike film competition on the planet. Alberto’s love of mountain biking and skateboarding, by the way is legendary and is also what got him interested in directing, which is another story altogether.



 

Alberto has filmed all over the world and has loved (almost) every minute of it. The Himalayas did take their toll because of the lack of oxygen but he enjoyed being there nonetheless. He also enjoyed working in Dubai, China, Europe, Indonesia and of course, The United States, where is base currently. He has also shot PSAs for the non-profit Bone marrow transplant charity DKMS for the last couple of years, which he says is a completely different approach to filmmaking than his regular line of work. He sees this as his personal project and he loves working with people who truly care about other people.

 

Some of the things Alberto has learned in this very competitive industry is that one should try to remain patient and calm and that one should never give up. He realized early on that film directors are only a part of the larger puzzle and that they are not in charge of every little thing. Disagreements will definitely come up and compromises must be made with the client and the agency (both of whom really run the show) and the director must be able to give them what they want along with sharing his own creative ideas that might make the project better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on February 20, 2019
Last Updated on February 20, 2019
Tags: alberto accettulli, filmmaker, hollywood, italy

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5