COMPOSER THOMAS CHABALIER: A LITTLE THING FOR BIG BAND

COMPOSER THOMAS CHABALIER: A LITTLE THING FOR BIG BAND

A Story by starpower
"

Thomas Chabalier Film Scoring 1st Prize Award at Soundtrack Cologne in 2016

"



When Thomas discovered Kantor Or’s short-film “Little Thing”, he immediately felt a deep tenderness for the peculiar lead character, a little creature who wanders alone desperately looking for friends. Inspired, he composed a score that he submitted to the prestigious 2016 European Talent Competition, Soundtrack Cologne and won -beating out hundreds of submissions from across Europe. His soundtrack was delicate, fresh and daring and its jazz theme struck a chord with the judging panel, which was led by renowned composer, Yati Dunart.  The panel of judges included Jeff Van Evan from Chaussée Soundvision, one of the main recording studios in Germany, Tedi Van Tidemann, PDG of Contrast film, Robert Kraft, musical supervisor and the conductor of the WDR Fun band orchestra and Corinna Rottschy.


                     


The panel described his work as, “impressive and dynamic” and said his composition “excelled due to its effective support of drama while demonstrating high-quality musical structure and a rich harmonic language.” Thomas Chabalier has gone onto build on the success of this award.  He earned his Master of Arts in Jazz Performance from the Paris National Conservatoire, and a second Master of Arts degree in Film Scoring Composition from Columbia College of Chicago.  Thomas has further honed his already exceptional skills and garnered quality professional experience and commissions as a composer working in studios across Los Angeles, and most recently, in Jeff Grace’s New York studio as composer. Recently, the Malaysian production Upin & Ipin he’s been working on as an orchestrator, is in the running for the Oscars 2020 for Best Animated Picture.


Below is a press article about Thomas Chabalier’s Prize award at the European Talent Competition by Behind the Audio -one of the the most important websites about film music: www.behindtheaudio.com

https://vimeo.com/224724033

 

 

 

© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on November 23, 2019
Last Updated on November 23, 2019
Tags: thomas chabalier, hollywood, film, movies, animation

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing