Amy Tcheupdjian Teaches Cello In New York City

Amy Tcheupdjian Teaches Cello In New York City

A Story by starpower
"

The talented Aussie musician spreading her creativity all over the world

"



Who is your favorite teacher that you ever had? Good question, eh? Well, most likely someone came to mind and he or she is probably your favorite because they had one very special ingredient that most other teachers simply didn’t have: they loved what they were doing. Amy Tcheupdjian teaches cello in New York City and it’s very obvious that she is a lot of people’s favorite teacher because she is not only great at what she does but she also has loved playing the cello since she was 4 years old.  She was so good as a cellist that she was awarded the Allan’s Music Prize and the Monash Hiroyuki Iwaki Orchestral Scholarship. She also played with many ensembles, including the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, among many others along with performing many times on 3MBS Radio Australia. She also picked up a great deal of experience and got to enjoy different cultures when she toured throughout Scandinavia, Brazil, Europe and her home country of Australia.


Now she resides in New York City and she teaches music and the cello and she performs there quite often. She isn’t like most teachers because she teaches something that she finds refreshing and enjoyable. Music never gets old for her and in fact, she has been involved in film music and she found herself immersed in it after only a short time of being exposed to it. And that is a great example of what separates her from teachers who just rattle off history dates or coldly show students how to properly construct a sentence and where the adverbs should be in relation to the verb. Amy simply loves the cello and she thrives on teaching and performing and she loves being surrounded by different cultures because it helps her grow as an artist and gain knowledge she wouldn’t have gotten if she stayed in one place and never traveled.

Amy is also aware of the fact that if you want to up your game or in other words, improve as an artist, it’s always best to play with someone who is at the top of his or her game. One of her most memorable performances, besides playing at Carnegie Hall, of course, was when she played with Serbian violin virtuoso Nemanja Radulovic. The energy and excitement that he brought to the stage was contagious, uplifting and vital in pushing Amy forward to achieve her musical dreams. And that’s what she brings to her students each and every day.

 

 

© 2020 starpower


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know you fancy yourself a reporter, but you do the lady no favor with lines like: "Who is your favorite teacher that you ever had?" With four words that serve no purpose the line says you've done no study of the skills of the journalist. Yet you're trying to practice journalism.

My suggestion is that you set yourself a goal of reducing the word count by 10% without changing the meaning or feel of the piece. That will be easy. Then, try to do it again. That will give you a better feel for what matters in journalistic writing.


Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Added on March 10, 2020
Last Updated on March 10, 2020
Tags: Amy tcheupdjan, cellist, australian, music, musician

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing