Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Multi-Talented And Creative Rashi Jain

The Multi-Talented And Creative Rashi Jain

A Story by starpower
"

"Design Is Everything!"

"



“Design is in everything!” That is one way that the multi-hyphenated, multi-talented Rashi Jain sees the world. And she would know if anyone did because she is not only extremely observant of her surroundings but she was born and raised in Mumbai, India, which she calls the city that never sleeps. She also describes it as the metropolis with a constantly changing skyline, beautiful beaches and where the fast paced, non-stop lifestyle is something very monumental and inescapable.

 

Her visual way of perceiving life and the things around her nudged her into architecture but she soon discovered after working on several projects that the general movement and progression of that design field just didn’t move fast enough for her. Of course, that’s when she realized that everything contains some element of design. That meant that besides creating new buildings and landscapes, there were other possibilities in which she could use her awesome talents of visual design. It would have been interesting to be in the same room with Rashi to watch her coming to the realization that she would fly to Los Angeles, earn an MFA in Design at the legendary art school CalArts (she won the Lilian Disney Scholarship) and move smoothly from there into jobs as art director, production designer and visual developer in films, music videos and television, among other things.

 

And that is just what she did. She has worked on over 20 music videos and has been an Art Director for artists including Eminem, Snoop Dogg and Nicki Minaj. She has worked on feature films and has been Production designer or Art Director on countless short films in collaboration with students at American Film Institute, USC School of Cinematic Arts and UCLA. Many of those are award-winning movies including a win for Best student Film for Tuesday. Rashi’s artistic endeavors don’t stop at film and music videos, however. She was the Scenic Artist for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios and she was the Graphic Designer for Small Foot-Yeti Village at Immersive Park at Hollywood and Vine in downtown Hollywood. Like her sense of design, her talents are apparently, never-ending. She speaks five languages including, English, French, Hindi, Punjabi and Marathi. She also has mastered countless software programs including Autocad, Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketch Up, among others, and she paints, knows drafting, model making, and can manage teams.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2020 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on May 24, 2020
Last Updated on May 24, 2020
Tags: rashi jain, design, production designer, filmmaker, hollywood, film, architect

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing