An In-Depth Interview With DJ Duo ‘The Kimonos’

An In-Depth Interview With DJ Duo ‘The Kimonos’

A Story by starpower
"

DJ Duo The Kimonos won't let anything stop them from doing music!

"



We recently caught up with world renowned DJ duo ‘The Kimonos’ to talk about life and music during the pandemic, some of their career highlights and what’s next for them in 2021. Here is what they had to share with the readers:


How has everything been going for you guys since the pandemic? You have both remained busy I see:


Yes, we’ve been lucky enough to stay busy as much as possible -with all the restrictions. We did live streaming for the Deep Space 3rd year anniversary and took part in the Abracadabra Virtual Festival. Also we recorded a couple of live sets that you can listen to on SoundCloud and we have worked a lot on new productions and sounds that will be released at the beginning of next year.


How did you adjust to the new way of performing/social distancing? Did it take a lot of changes to your shows, etc?


All summer season was cancelled for us and we had to move big shows in Europe for next year. Hopefully we can still spread our music through streaming, but it’s different without feeling the connection and vibe from our audiences.


What has been one of the biggest highlights for you over the last couple of years?


The biggest party we played was the New Year’s Eve party coming into 2020 at the Ukrainian Cultural Center under the Deep Space production with around 2000 people. The Kimonos played before Magit Caccon on this unbelievable stage. We also played with Eric Morillo at the Coachella festival parties. These have all been amazing and rewarding experiences for us, as artists.


What have been some of your favorite places/venues to play at?


“Heart” festival in Miami, “Rockwell” Miami and “Sound” nightclub


What projects are you currently working on?


We are working on releasing our new track with Malone - “Bana” which we plan to release under Abracadabra records in 2021.


Who are some of your musical inspirations when putting DJ set lists together?


Gabriel: I grew up listening to Marco Carola, Riccardo Villalobos, Luciano .

Omri: I’m get inspired by Solomun, Tale of us, Bedouin.

We mostly meet every time before our set to talk about the mood of the music we are going to play, exchange some tracks and choose winning combinations.


Moving forward, what are shows looking like for you guys in the near future?


In December we are planning to be part of Desert Craft Festival in the desert of Tataca, Colombia. It is going to be 3 day festival celebration of life, music, art and many more. We will be part of the line up with Dj Tennis, Bedouin and Audio Fly and others.


What is your best piece of advice for others pursuing a career in music?


Omri: Work hard and know what you are doing. Everything comes with experience and listen to different sounds and djs to broaden your repertoire.


Gabriel: I would say practicing every day and believing in yourself. If you are doing what you’re doing with passion, you will make it. Don’t run for popularity and big gigs, work on building connections with people and be humble.


For all the latest updates on The Kimonos check out:


https://soundcloud.com/thekimonos

© 2020 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on October 26, 2020
Last Updated on October 26, 2020
Tags: the kimonos, dj duo, music, djs, dj

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing