One Of The Best Filmakers In The Business, Gabriel Horn Continues His Epic Work

One Of The Best Filmakers In The Business, Gabriel Horn Continues His Epic Work

A Story by starpower
"

The amazing work of Gabriel Horn

"


 

Gabriel Horn has arguably been one of the busiest filmmakers and actors in the last couple of years. He has quite a lengthy resumé an actor but has recently also taken the bull by the horns as writer and or director on several award-winning films. Mordechai, his second writing effort in which he also played the lead role, has been selected as an official entry into three internationally known film festivals, including the Big Bear Film Summit.  His character Mordechai strolls around the prison yard, carefully examining pieces of paper. As he does so, he also observes the lonely and harsh environment of the prison along with taking in some keen perceptions of the prisoner Chahmi. Mordechai's behavior influences changes in Chahmi and may ultimately teach him what freedom truly means.

 

Do No Harm was Gabriel’s debut as a full-fledged filmmaker. He wrote, directed and starred in this short film. This film has also been selected to play at NINE internationally known film festivals including the Big Bear Film Summit and was a finalist at the Lisbon Film Rendezvous. Do No Harm has been accepted into 10 international festivals so far and finally a festival in Gabriel’s home country of Israel, which has also won two Best Film awards so far. Gabriel plays the character Ami and performs alongside Félix Sandri. Do No Harm did very well internationally and he had a panel at the Broadway International Film Festival that included the mayor of El-Mento. Guests of honor at the festival included the Mexican consulate general in LA, a California senator and a congresswoman.



 

Gabriel lives in Israel and during the pandemic lockdown he was able to shoot his film Speak Again Tomorrow at home with an actor from Los Angeles, Gary Matthew, and Patrycja Pia the actress from Poland. He says that the film is very low tech but he did edit it himself at home also.  Speak Again Tomorrow was also part of some international film festivals, including Studio City and was shown in Italy. Another film Gabriel wrote and directed is Thou. Once again he teamed up in front of the camera with Patrycja Pia.

 

Some of the other films that Gabriel has acted in are: The Line, The Bar Raider, Capsule, Abdullah, Eva and Noah and among others, The King’s Hand. The Line, is about a Berlin based American actor named Michael who finally receives the great script he has been waiting for. Unfortunately, he only has one line to say, which will, however, ultimately reflect on his own life. Gabriel stars alongside James Kellog and Bruno Pilz.



 

He plays the bartender in the film The Bar Raider, a story about a robber who enters a bar with a gun but takes his time to enjoy the situation. It keeps the audience in suspense as they wonder what he is really there for. Gabriel plans to continue to stay busy directing, writing and starring in his own independent films and will, no doubt become even busier when the pandemic is gone. Gabriel’s acting has received high praise in this film and that is not unusual. His unique characterizations never go unnoticed and the reviews are always more than positive.

 

Gabriel collaborates internationally, and has been in Germany for a month recently to work with fellow filmmakers in Berlin on The Only Friend I Ever Had with the award winning cinematographer Clemens Helmchen and in Munich on a film called Life, Death and Turkey Sandwich. Both films are currently in various stages of post-production in Israel and in Germany.

A re-edited version of Do No Harm, called First, Do No Harm includes scenes filmed in Berlin as well as in Tel-Aviv, will be out soon. It is almost complete after many months of hard work.

© 2020 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

653 Views
Added on December 11, 2020
Last Updated on December 11, 2020
Tags: gabriel horn, filmmaker, movies, film, hollywood, israel

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing