Indian Actress Vidushi Chadha Is Living Her Dream In Hollywood!

Indian Actress Vidushi Chadha Is Living Her Dream In Hollywood!

A Story by starpower
"

The beautiful and talented Vidushi Chadha

"



Some people just talk about the idea of equality in the workplace while others do something about it. Vidushi Chadha is the latter. She is the creator and actor of the award-winning short film Neckline. The movie is about the struggles of women worldwide and discusses the societal pressures Chadha faced when taking the steps to become an actor. 

 

Vidushi has been performing since the age of 6, theater being her first love, where she was the lead in her kindergarten play. Her mother testifies that Vidushi was bitten by the acting bug even before she was born, as her mom was performing plays while she was pregnant with her. Vidushi has performed on stages across India including the hilarious productions of Black Comedy by Peter Shaffer, Rumours by Noel Coward and Blithe Spirit by Neil Simons, showcasing her strength in comedy. She also portrayed powerful dramatic female characters and did her fair share of immersive and site-specific theatrical productions. She also won Best Actress in several Indian theater festivals.

 

After completing her undergrad in business and post-grad in Liberal Arts, Chadha made the bold move to the United States, fully committing to her goal of becoming a Hollywood actress. She received her MFA in Acting from the legendary California Institute of the Arts and trained in improvisational comedy at the Groundlings, where she is a double recipient of the Diversity Scholarship. 

 

Since moving to the USA, she has graduated from CalArts and has devoted her time creating work, such as Neckline, that not only discusses issues within the minority communities but also champions other minority filmmakers. Chadha makes the conscious choice to hire and collaborate with underrepresented filmmakers. Neckline was Vidushi’s second collaboration with director Savannah Ryan.

 

Neckline premiered at the iconic TCL Chinese Theaters, in Hollywood, as part of the Golden State Film Festival, where it won the award for Best Direction for a Narrative Short. Neckline was also entered into the Best Shorts Competition, where many future awardees go on to win Oscars and Emmy awards. Neckline also won two awards in that festival, including Best Short Film for Diversity at the International Cosmopolitan Film Festival of Tokyo and is soon to be screened at the Marina Del Rey Film Festival.  

 

Recently, Vidushi was the protagonist in the brilliant short film How Do You Fall Out Of Love With Country Music? It was directed by Shyamala Moorty and written by Max Gill. The film is a humorous and moving monologue by Amy Singh, an Indian female country-western singer. The story covers themes of cultural alienation and the possibilities for human connection through music. This captivating film where Chadha single-handedly drives the story as the protagonist is also premiering at the Marina Del Rey Film Festival. She will have a double screening with her films, both giving voice to the underrepresented communities through her powerful storytelling. 

 

Vidushi won the Best Actress Award for her brilliant performance in Nihal Vasudevan’s short His Period, at the Festigious International Film Festival and premiered at the California Women’s Film Festival. The film was also screened at the Houston Comedy Festival in 2019. She also acted in the International Dove Commercial #StoptheBeautyTest, which shows the pressure of marriage and the unrealistic standards of beauty that Indian women face daily. The commercial won multiple international awards including Silver at the Cannes Lion Festival and has 32million views on YouTube and was showcased heavily on Television.

 

Ever since Vidushi moved to Los Angeles, she has wasted no time in making a name for herself and building a well-deserved reputation for her highly tuned acting skills and talents, mature writing ability and participation and contributions to high-quality films that are more than just pure entertainment.

 

© 2022 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on May 18, 2022
Last Updated on May 18, 2022
Tags: vidushi chadha, actress, bollywood, hollywood, indian actress

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing