The Amazing Work of Writer and Producer Petr Samoilov

The Amazing Work of Writer and Producer Petr Samoilov

A Story by starpower
"

Hard work continues to pay off for writer and producer Petr Samoilov

"



Petr Samoilov was born and raised in Moscow and earned a Master of Fine Arts degree in Art History from Lomonosov Moscow State University. He is a writer and creative developer for commercial video projects from advertising to video game cinematics to workplace culture video courses for corporate use. He has worked with multiple clients, from Coca-Cola and Volkswagen to Activision Blizzard and Volka Entertainment Limited, the developers of the globally popular mobile video game" Taonga (1M+ downloads on Google Play). He can also take credit for the original screenplay for the short film “The Best Fairy for Cinderella,” which has met with much praise, critical kudos and multiple awards at festivals all over the world. The film takes the message of Cinderella’s story and flips it on its head. 


“The Best Fairy for Cinderella” won awards at such festivals as SHORT to the Point, Avalonia Festival, Golden Nugget International Film Festival and Model N Movie International Short Film Festival. It received third prize at Microfest 2018 and Black0White Rainbow 2018. The film made it to the award finals at the Short Film Factory Festival and advanced to the semi-finals at the Motion for Pictures festival. The film was also a selection of numerous other international festivals: Anti-Hero Fest, NOX FILM FEST Salto International Horror and Fantasy Film Fest, MystiCon Independent Film Festival, CMS, INTERNATIONAL CHILREN'S FILM FESTIVAL (ICFF), Asians on Film Festival of Shorts, Harrogate Film Festival and Festival of Festivals in St. Petersburg.


Petr has written scripts for numerous venues, including corporate award ceremonies with thousands of guests to international events, such as the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2019. His imagination and writing talents are not limited to only certain types of productions, as he has also lent his artistic and writing talents to working on high-profile projects such as creating scripts for 3D mapping projections and helping develop jaw-dropping extravaganzas for such events as the International Conference on the Turkmenistan/Afghanistan/Pakistan/India Pipeline (the heads of all four countries were present for the presentation). Petr also helped create and develop the announcement of the luxury Mandarin Oriental Hotel/Apartments complex across the river from the Kremlin.


Petr received his second master’s degree from the Tisch Graduate Dramatic Writing Program at NYU. Upon graduation, Petr was hired as Creative Executive by Braven Films. Braven focuses on independently produced cinema with universal appeal. While there, Petr has supervised the development process of several projects that the company produced with such partners as Viacom International Studios and BBC.

 

 

© 2022 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Of course, given that this is listed as fiction, not a word of it is true. Right?

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
1 Review
Added on September 10, 2022
Last Updated on September 10, 2022
Tags: petr samoilov, film, filmmaking, hollywood, short films

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing