Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by TPK Stories



Alisha couldn’t stop thinking about Hadley’s offer:  a million dollars to marry him?  Be his wife in name only while he saw Chelsea on the side?  She could do a lot with a million dollars?  Get her degree?  It certainly would keep her busy while Hadley was busy with Chelsea?  She decided to accept Hadley’s offer.  After all, what did she have to lose?


She text Hadley to meet him at the java café to discuss his offer.  When she got there, Hadley was with Chelsea.  She should have known better.  After all, he was in love with Chelsea.  Not her. 


“Hadley?”


Hadley looked up to find Alisha next to them, “Alisha, I’m glad you’re here.”


Chelsea was holding Hadley’s hand as Alisha sat next to her.


“I thought Chelsea should hear our discussion.  After all, it does concern her too.” Hadley explained.


“Yes, it does.” Alisha agreed.


“So, what did you decide?” Hadley asked, waiting Alisha’s decision, as if it decided his fate.


“I’ve agreed to marry you per your terms.” Alisha told Hadley.


“Great!  You won’t regret this, Alisha and you’re a life-saver!” Hadley told Alisha, as he smiled at Chelsea.


Chelsea agreed, although it met Alisha would be Hadley’s wife, albeit in name only.  At least she got him where it mattered most:  in her bed, and not Alisha. 


“So, when will the wedding take place?” Chelsea asked.


“As soon as possible.  Mother insists on it.” Hadley told the two of them.

“Well, how about next week?” Alisha asked.


“Sounds good.” Hadley said.  “I’ll let mother know, and then she will get started on the wedding details.”


“I won’t have to plan the wedding?” Alisha asked with a sigh of relief.  She was busy with school and everything.  She planned to get her degree to distract her from this marriage since Hadley would be busy with Chelsea.  She just hoped no one would find out the real intentions regarding this marriage.


“Hadley, what happens if someone finds out the real motive for this marriage?” Alisha asked him.


“It better not, or you and I are both screwed!” Hadley told her.


“I don’t have any intention saying otherwise.  I’ll play the dutiful wife whenever I’m needed.  But that’s as far as it goes.” Alisha told him and Chelsea, who seem glad to know this.


“Okay.  We’re all agreed as to the plan on this marriage.” Hadley said.  “Oh, Alisha, mother will want to meet with you to discuss the dress you will be wearing.”


“The dress I’ll be wearing?” Alisha asked.


“Yes, she will want you to wear the dress she wore when she married my father.” Hadley told her.


“Okay.  Let me know when.” Alisha told him.  “Well, I’ve got to be somewhere now.”

Alisha left Chelsea and Hadley to themselves as she went on her way to her next appointment.  The dean of the university she was trying to get in.


© 2017 TPK Stories


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on June 23, 2017
Last Updated on June 23, 2017


Author

TPK Stories
TPK Stories

Boise, ID



About
more..

Writing
Plot Plot

A Chapter by TPK Stories


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TPK Stories


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by TPK Stories