Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by ReaperOfPaperlife

Field of fire fills my mind. Burning, crashing all over the place.  They tickle my feelings, my body, and my life. The inside of my mind cries out for relieve but there is none. They nearly have melted it when I wake up in sweat from all that steam stuck inside.

I jump out of bed and wipe all the warm sweat off of me. This is very common dream in my fiery mind.

I grab my keys from the end of the bed and rush outside. I get into my old beat up 1991 mustang. Its black in color but the years have gotten to it. I get inside of it; the old beat up seat material rubs against my legs.

I quietly back out my car; I don’t want to wake the people inside. I head to my secret location of relaxation.

I start down the canyon, dark brown rocks hidden into the hills to make up the coastline. I speed the car down the narrow streets barely illuminated by the dawn light. I bite my lower lip, needing, itching to get to the water.

I go down the coastline and pull off next to group of rocks. I wedge my car in there so the outside world can’t see my escape into a beautiful void of relaxation. I get out of the car; I toss my belongings except my keys into the car and take off my clothes except for my boxers. I tuck the keys into the wheel well to hide it from it getting stolen because I don’t want to take it into the ocean.

My bare feet sink into the cold sand. It turns over as I move forward. Sand gets stuck into the cracks of each toe.  It feels great.

I get to the cold watery sand then slushes away under the fat of my feet. A cold wave greets my toes. It chills me to the bone. But I look down at the forming water. Peace enters my body at the sight of the water. I take one foot forward then take off into the water.

I just jump into the large crashing wave. The wave hugs my body and warms my heart in a way like it is touching it directly.

I float there for a few moments. My world is blank, the fire is exhausted. I’m a peace, finally once again.

After I feel enough time had passed, I paddled myself out of the ocean and onto the shore. Sand clings to my body as I make my way to my car. I dust it off and quickly change into some new cloth before I leave.

            I check my phone and see one missed call with a voicemail to follow it. I click the button and get into the message. It plays out.

“Hey Hudson…You must be running a little late but I wanted to remind you to pick me up this morning.”

I click off of it and call her. It rings twice then she answers.

“Hello…” Her soft but always seemingly scared voice.

“Hey Taylor, I didn’t see your message. I’m leaving right now, I’ll get there soon.”

“It’s okay Hudson; I wouldn’t see any of your missed calls either.” She laughs.

“I’ll see you soon. Bye.”

She quickly says, “Bye, I love you.”

I always forget to say it, “I love you too.”

I throw the phone on the passenger seat. And I turn on the car. I rush through the coastline.

After a few moments I arrive at her house. I park and get out of the car. I run to the front door and knock.

A few moments of stumbling around behind the door she opens it. She is there smiling at me. She leans forward, and I feel obligated to kiss her so I lean into her perked kiss. We connect and it should be magical but it’s not.

I lead her to the car and get her in it. I buckle her up and I get into the driver seat. We take off for another dreaded day of school.



© 2012 ReaperOfPaperlife


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the real life feel to the poem. I like the 1991 mustang and the strong beginning to the chapter. I like the description of places in the chapter. A good ending to the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 8, 2012
Last Updated on May 8, 2012


Author

ReaperOfPaperlife
ReaperOfPaperlife

Where night meets day and I love Madeline Renee' Bowers



About
Writer's cafe writers Reaper and Paperlife unite! We write books and such together here, be sure to check out our separate accounts as well! Paperlife is the best girlfriend ever. She is my everythin.. more..

Writing