Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

A Story by The Doctor
"

Just a random thought

"
Jack holds her, panting from the wound to his stomach. The little girl takes his limp hand, looking into his emerald eyes with fear.
"You be good for mommy," Jack says hoarsely, blood dripping from his lips, "You help her okay?"
  She gives a slight nod, a tear making a clean trail in the layer of dust on her face.
Jack is laying in the corner of a ruined building, attacked by a bomb many years before. He lay just about flat on the ground, his head being held up by the corner. The little girl of eight sits on her knees. Holding Jack's hand, hoping that the fatal wound wont stop him. His eyes begin to close, a cough escapes his lungs, blood shoots out onto his shirt. More blood flows from his mouth.
"Jack please..." she whines. 
"It will all be okay," Jack strokes the top of her head and smiles.
Jack's head falls and the smile remains, empty of life... The little girl shakes his hand, hoping it will bring him back to her. She begins to sob, lunging forward to wrap her arms around her fallen angel's neck...

© 2011 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love short snippets like this. The reader gets to use their imagination and decided what lead the story here and how it proceeded after this.

It was short and emotional. Good job.

Poor little girl.

Posted 11 Years Ago


a little more detail and a little longer but still great write

Posted 13 Years Ago


This could have a lot more detail added, what happened, before/after scenes and whatelse other details. Pretty good but could be better.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very well done scene to capture the imagination and leaves many questions in the reader's mind. For something so short it's well described and gives a great sense of atmosphere.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ooh...yes.
Yes I want to know the whole story.
As a stand alone piece, this really sends the mind scrambling to explain the scene that just took place. Who? What? Where? And most importantly, why?
Very entertaining.
And as a potential book? I'm crossing my fingers. :) I'd love to know the events leading up to this point.

Posted 13 Years Ago


tear* not tearing lol for the sentence "a tearing making a clean trail..."
awww i like it!! What's the girl's name? what's she look like? I bet she's adorable! You def need to write more on this book. I like it :] it'd be cool if you make this the first chapter and then the second goes to the begining lol but anyways, i love this idea :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awww... It's really sad :(
But another good ending to a book. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2010
Last Updated on March 11, 2011

Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..