1. Han

1. Han

A Chapter by Steely
"

Chapter one of The Motions.

"

   Han Solo sat at the controls of the Millenium Falcon, cursing them for not working. He had never had big break downs before, just... minor setbacks. This wasn't minor, though. This time, his whole control panel had just fried.

   "Chewbacca, did you leave the ship on when we docked in Hoth?" he turned towards his friend the wookie and frowned at him. Chewbacca was a good companion, but he was too impatient to turn off controls.

   To Han's dismay, Chewbacca nodded regretfully. Solo swore under his breath and buried his face in one hand, resting an elbow on the controls to support himself as he leaned forward. "Darn wookie." Usually, Han didn't get that mad at his friends, just it could be so annoying when it meant another long- and expensive- trip to Tatooine for repair. Normally, Han hated going to that desert planet. It gave him the creeps, he claimed. There was just something about it, hanging in the hot air like a ghost. Either that, or the three frieking suns burning overhead.

   Han scratched an itch by his eye and rolled his eyes before pressing the big black button that let him radio his old pal, Lando. "Hey, Lando, do you have a minute?" He spoke impatiently in to the speaker with his hoarse but handsome voice.

   Lando, the curly haired friend who gave him the Falcon, replied almost instantly. "The wookie fried the controls again?"

   He nodded before remembering that he was communicating through radio and that only Chewbacca could see him right now. "Yeah. We're landed at Bespin and just stopped to deliver a message to some of the Rebels from Leia, and the controls just overheated. Can you tow us to Tatooine?"

   It took Lando a minute to respond to Han this time. "Leia's with you?" he asked almost ruefully.

   Irritated, Han muttered back his reply. "Yeah, so can you tow us back or what?"

   Lando gave a more reasonable answer this time. "I'll be there in a minute."

   Idiot. Thought Han. He was glad that Lando came to the rescue again, but knew in his mind that Lando was coming for more than just a little time with a friend.

   He looked over his shoulder at where Luke laid back on the bench seat. He was sound asleep and snoring lightly with his feet up on the end. Han turned away as footsteps approached him, and looked up to see Leia striding down the entrance from the bunks near the back.

   Her hair was pulled up in a rough pony tail as usual and she was wearing a simple outfit, a thin shirt and skirt. Han couldn't help but remember last year when he last saw her before being frozen in carbonite. He recalled later when Jabba kidnapped her and forced her in to a skimpy outfit. Solo felt guilty remembering it, but she was beautiful. He loved her.

   So she's what Lando's coming for, isn't she? Han thought stubbornly. He grimaced and blinked, looking back at the controls for a minute to appear busy.

   No way is Lando going to get the long end of the stick, Han thought determinedly. Not again.

 



© 2009 Steely


Author's Note

Steely
1. I know that there are several spelling mistakes. Please ignore them xD
2. This is only based on the movies. I don't care what the books say. I haven't read them.
3. Han Solo rules.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's really good, Loor, I'm looking forward to reading more ^^

A little confusing, but probably because I have never watched the movies.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 12, 2009
Last Updated on August 17, 2009


Author

Steely
Steely

Ontario, Canada



About
Hola! I'm Nicole, but you can call me Steely or really anything you like. I am a young author at age 11 and haven't published a book yet, but I'm mature and old enough to write good stories and It'.. more..

Writing
Friend Friend

A Poem by Steely


Hoofbeats Hoofbeats

A Book by Steely


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Steely