Song of Colors

Song of Colors

A Story by Stella Sky
"

A story between a prince who can't hear music and sees the world in black and white, and a girl who showed the beauty of the world to him through her music.

"
In a faraway kingdom, there lived a prince who was born with a strange disease. This disease of his is quite rare since it is a disease where he hears sounds except music. Another thing is he only sees the world in black and white.

To solve the problem, the king and queen sent out orders to find the best musicians in the world and let them perform for the prince to cure his disease. Hundreds of world �" class musicians came playing high - class instruments, from piano to melodica, guitars to violin, but no one was declared successful.

Tired of the life in the palace, now 16, the prince decided to escape the palace out of boredom.

“I want to see the world beyond these walls”, he said as he disguised himself as a commoner, leaving his royal clothes on the top of his bed. He successfully sneaked out and with his cloak covering half his face, he explored the rest of the kingdom.

 

After some time, he passed a music store. Out of curiosity, he entered the store and there he was amazed by the violins, pianos and all the other instruments displayed. He approached the piano and tried to play it but no sound came out. He pressed the keys harder, but still, nothing. In confusion, he ran out of the store until he reached the quadrangle.

People are gathered in a large circle. There is a celebration for a bountiful harvest that year. he can see them dance but can’t hear the melody. He can see their mouths open and sing but he can’t hear their songs. Once again, tears formed in his eyes and he ran in confusion.

 

After a few minutes of running, he arrived at the mouth of a forest. And there, something strange happened.

After a few steps, he started to hear something. Such a wonderful sound. A sound that never touched his ears before. Not knowing it, his feet started to move. As if his feet have their mind of their own, he started to walk towards the origin of this sound. The sound leads him to the river and there he saw her.

She’s standing on a rock by the riverbed, a girl with golden hair, wearing a silky white dress, playing the violin.

 

Colors started to rush and paint his world. A blast of color swirled around him and made everything be filled with color. He now can see the green leaves of the trees, the blue sky and the white clouds. His world is not in monochrome anymore.

 

Tears fell down his cheeks as he watches the girl play. He can hear the music. He can hear every note; every melody she creates.  He’s not deaf anymore! But he can’t move. His whole body captured by her music, a music that digs through his heart and made him feel emotions he had never felt before. his heart can’t stop racing and his whole body feels warm. He feels the urge to hug her and keep her. He wants to hear her music forever. This feeling, maybe this is the feeling of love.

“Did you like it?” the girl stared at her, her left hand holding the violin.

“U-uhh... yes” the young prince mustered as he wiped his tears away.

“Then I’m happy.” She smiled at him causing his heart to race more.

 

            From then on, he’ll escape from the palace everyday and head to the forest to see her. In no time, they became good friends. Their every meeting is magical. She will teach him how to play the violin while he brings food for them to eat and books for them to read under the shade of the trees.

            One day, during their usual meetings, the girl, while playing the violin, suddenly stopped and looked at her violin confused. She tried to stroke it but she stops everytime the bow will touch the strings.

What’s the matter? Are you alright?” the prince asked, worried by the incident.

But the girl just smiled and said,

“Silly, don’t worry. Maybe I’m only tired.”

 

As the days went by, the same incident happened again and again. Worried, the prince tried to ask the girl.

“Are you really alright? You know you can tell me everything. We’re friends, right?” the prince mustered a smile and stared at the girl’s face.

Suddenly, tears ran through the girl’s smiling face.

“W- what’s happening? It won’t stop.” the girl said between her efforts to wipe her tears from her cheeks.

The prince held his hand and wiped the tears away and hugged her.

Leaning her head to the prince’s shoulder, she whispered the most horrible thing the prince has ever heard.

“I �" I can’t play anymore.”

The prince didn’t say anything, but just continued holding her while occasionally stroking her hair.

 

That night, the prince escaped once again to see a wizard. He consulted him about the girl’s condition.

“Oh such a dreadful fate! The giver has drained her music. I’m really sorry but you, my little prince is the reason behind this.”

It turns out, the ability of the girl to play lessens everytime she plays for the prince.

It’s like someone pierced him with a spear. It’s all his fault. He has drained the music out of her.

With all his courage, he asked,

“What should I do? How can I save her from this?”

“You must give back what was taken. But my prince you should be aware of the consequence of death.”

But the prince didn’t falter. He must save the girl who filled his world with colors no matter what.

 

The next day, he went to the forest like what he usually does. In there, he saw the girl sitting by the rock, crying. Her violin and bow laying aimlessly on the ground a meter away from her.

His heart felt like someone crushed it into pieces. He can’t take it. He will save her.


He hurriedly run to the castle. He ordered one of his retainers to bring a piano to the forest.

At first the retainers were hesitant but once they saw the glint in the prince’s eyes, they obliged immediately.

 

On the other hand, in the forest, the girl has already stopped crying. He wiped her tears and tried to arrange her dress.

“The prince will become worried if he sees me like this. Must look happy.”

So she picked up her violin and was about to go back near the rock when she suddenly heard a sound that she quickly recognized. It is the sound of someone playing a piano.

But who will play the piano in the middle of the forest? She asked herself as she listens to the very beautiful music coming from the piano. The music is so beautiful it seems to capture her whole heart. It pushes her to search for the origin of the sound.

So she walked and walked, following the music. After sometime, the music becomes louder and louder with every step. Soon she arrived at what it seems a flower garden in the middle of the forest.

 

And there she saw the prince, with his eyes closed, playing the piano with all his heart. He and the piano is surrounded by hundreds of flowers that seem to dance along with the music he is playing.

Her eyes started to water. The sight and the music just reached her heart too bad, she just wants to cry.

But no! she can’t just cry there. She positioned her violin to her neck and started to play along with the piano. At first she was afraid that the violin will not create any sound just like before, but to her surprise it created a beautiful sound that goes along well with the piano. With all her heart, she played and played with the prince. Flower petals being blown by the wind creating a magnificent background for them.

 

For minutes they just played until they reached the end of the song. The prince turned to her direction and smiled at her.

Her heart begun to beat faster and faster. Each beat becoming louder than the first.

The prince stood and started to walk towards her.

“It seems you can now pla--“, the prince suddenly fell on his back.

The girl hurriedly went to his side and helped him lean onto her lap.


“I’m sorry.” The prince said looking up at her, staring at her face.

“Don’t say sorry. It’s beautiful.” The girl smiled while stroking the prince’s hair.

“Did you like it?” the prince said with a weak smile while looking up at her.

“Yes. With all my heart.” The girl answered.

“Glad to hear that. Haha” the prince said weakly before closing his eyes.

And everything was still. The prince is not breathing. Tears started to fall from the girl’s eyes.

“No. No. No. Don’t leave me you stupid prince! Who will play with me now? Who will hold my hand now? Don’t leave me. The world is meaningless without you.  I �" I love you.” the girl whispered while crying as she leaned and kissed the prince. As their lips touched, a strong wind blew across the flower garden.

 

After a second, the prince suddenly gasped. His eyes opened and started to stare at the girl’s face. He reached her face with his hand and started to wipe her tears off her cheeks.

The girl was surprised with the touch and stared at the prince in disbelief.

The prince laughed but the girl just started to cry once more.

“I’m alive. Stop crying already. And… and…” the prince looked away to hide his blushing, “…I love you too.”

He looked at the girl who is now currently wiping her tears. She smiled at him and once more they hugged each other as the flower petals blow across them.

 

After some years, they married and become the ruler of the Kingdom. The girl, who is now the Queen gave birth to a twin girl and boy. And from then on, they lived happily ever after.

© 2016 Stella Sky


Author's Note

Stella Sky
Hi there! This is the first story that I wrote. Thank you for reading and sticking till the end. :)
I hope that somehow you've enjoyed it. haha sorry if it sucks but please, please I'll appreciate comments about my story. They'll help me so much for sure. ^______^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hi
loved it liked how you got the prince to ask the girl the same thing as when they first met,
'did you like it'
no i didnt like i loved it, the story is way to short, the plot is good real good did you think of it your self
or just a copy of something you heard, do you write often, are you a writer, and what do you mean fisrt story, like first ever or the first one you done on here, well got to go love to chat later send me a text if you want

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stella Sky

7 Years Ago

hi. :) thank you for the review as well as for reading my story.

This is the first st.. read more
hi

7 Years Ago

right on well not bad of idea and yeah makes sense now why iy was short, well i bet you can be a wri.. read more
Stella Sky

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much. :)



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hi
loved it liked how you got the prince to ask the girl the same thing as when they first met,
'did you like it'
no i didnt like i loved it, the story is way to short, the plot is good real good did you think of it your self
or just a copy of something you heard, do you write often, are you a writer, and what do you mean fisrt story, like first ever or the first one you done on here, well got to go love to chat later send me a text if you want

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stella Sky

7 Years Ago

hi. :) thank you for the review as well as for reading my story.

This is the first st.. read more
hi

7 Years Ago

right on well not bad of idea and yeah makes sense now why iy was short, well i bet you can be a wri.. read more
Stella Sky

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
1 Review
Added on May 30, 2016
Last Updated on May 30, 2016
Tags: Romance, Music, Short Story, Teen

Author

Stella Sky
Stella Sky

About
I'm someone who is a beginner in the field of writing. I decided to be a writer because, just like 'that' person did to me, I want to reach the hearts of the people who will read my stories. So plea.. more..

Writing
Worthless Worthless

A Poem by Stella Sky


untitled untitled

A Story by Stella Sky