Elowyn's reason

Elowyn's reason

A Chapter by Shannon Ewing
"

Meet Elowyn the main protagonist of our story and the narrator. Learn of her past, the war, and vaguely of the creatures on the planet.

"

Today was like every other day, the sun was shining, the clouds were pierced by our towers, and the air smelled faintly of machinery.  I looked to the low clouds, even though I knew they were as high as they get and I knew today was the day, today I start another war.

            On this day, but a mere ten years ago, I invented a gun that fuels all the wars be it between the men, the Nagi, or Aniphium. I was but a child, creating, inventing, and unknowing of consequence. My highly powered gun was able to be compressed in to a cube of pure mass which reacts to hand of the person, Lizardman, or beastman in contact with it. It was small, compact, and highly mobile which made it the perfect weapon for that fight over the planet’s land.

            The gun opened many doors for me. I sold the guns to many different people under my father’s wishes. We needed the money, we were poor and my mother had passed, and with my inventing all of our money would be gone quickly. At first he would only sell to the hunters and police of our city. Be them hunting criminals or the strange flying creatures they needed guns to get rid of the problem. Soon he didn’t care who bought the guns as long as we had more guns to sell and more money in the bank.  Soon militia in each of the humanoids started to stir. They each wanted the land the others had as habitable land in the sky was slim. The bloodshed had started, on the uninhabitable lands mixed the cold blood of the Nagi and the warm blood of the men and Aniphium.  Soon the lands would see more blood than ever all for the money for my family to live but one can only live with so much blood staining their hands. To fix this I knew I would have to leave my now affluent family behind and I would need to gather the children of the world to fight the squabbling of adults.

            Scared I walked towards my motorbike. I already had a week’s worth of rations in a bag on my back but I knew that would not be enough. I knew that I had to go to the next town of man, Horizotos. It would take hours for my motorbike to get there. The fuel was already added but which would be the first time I would take my motorbike flying alone. I sat upon the seat, put on my helmet and turned her on. She lit up like a blue fire, like she did every time, and the smell of fuel entered the air. I looked back at my home one last time, my eyes betraying me with tears. ‘This will most likely be either the last time I see this alive, or the last time I see this without peace’ I thought as I looked forward and drove off the cliff of my hometown. My motorbikes wheels turned to be horizontal to my bike. The wheels with their large fans inside as well magnetic body lifted me up into the sky where I entered the sky highway.



© 2015 Shannon Ewing


Author's Note

Shannon Ewing
Sorry if it is short!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on August 11, 2015
Last Updated on August 11, 2015
Tags: Sci-fi, adventure, war, humanoids, Lizardsmen, Beastmen, Elowyn


Author

Shannon Ewing
Shannon Ewing

About
I'm a twenty year old with a lot of ideas. I like poetry, sci-fi, and fantasy. more..

Writing