Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Stephanie Ashworth

While I was walking to our hill, I see all the white houses with a red door that look exactly the same. The only difference is that on one side of the street is the houses for the singles and the other side of the street is for the married couples and their children.

The single houses have one bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room. The married couples houses have three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room.

I'm relieved when I get to Bethany's house because its the only place i feel safe. It's safe because Bethany's father is a wizard so he can manifest a hill where nobody can see or hear us. Not even The Evil One. Its a blessing because we get privacy, but also a curse because if The Evil One finds out she will most likely murder him.

"Hey Lexi!!" Bethany shouted exitedly.

"Hey Bethany, I need to express my anger with you," I said in a funny kind of way.

"Well we better get going! Dad!!"

Bethany's father, Mr. Gray is like my father in a way. Ever since my father died last year he was a fatherly figure to me and Lizzie. Also, Bethany and I look alike with our blue eyes and blonde hair, that people think that we are sisters.

"Can I try now? Please!" Bethany pleaded her father.

Bethany is practicing wizardry with her father secretly.

"Alright, fine. Just remember to stay focused," Mr. Gray said in his loving fatherly tone that I loved best about him.

Bethany nodded. Then she closed her eyes and whispered something to herself. Then suddenly we were at our hill.

"How do you do that?" I asked in awe.

"A good wizard never tells her secrets" she said proudly.

"So what are you angry about this time?" she asked curiously.

"Well as you know it was Lizzie's first class and she figured out that I have little over a year to find a husband."

"That's terrible! What was her reaction?" she asked sympathetically.

"She came up with the most ridiculous idea that I should marry Cornelius."

"She didn't!" Bethany said in shock.

"She did! It was so embarassing and I couldn't run out of the room, so I was stuck in there! It was torture!" I said.

"Well don't get mad at me or anything, but I always thought that Cornelius has a crush on you," Bethany said.

"He doesn't! Do you know what he said to me? He said that the reason I have to worry about finding a husband is because I have a big mouth!" I said half screaming.

"He didn't! What did you say?"

"I said, the reason he doesn't have a girlfriend is because he's incredibly boring."

"You guys fight like a married couple," she said jokingly .

"Well I guess I'll never know because nobody will ever marry me," I said, getting teary eyed.

"Don't say that Mr. Right will come around soon enough, don't worry," Bethany said, a little too reassuring.

"Well I better go now. It's getting late," I said trying to get out of this subject.

Then, Bethany closed her eyes then whispered something under her breath, like she did when we were going to the hill. Then, before I know it I was at Bethany's house.

"Bye, Bethany!" I called out.

Then while I was walking to my house I realized that I forgot my watch.



© 2012 Stephanie Ashworth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on July 10, 2012
Last Updated on July 10, 2012


Author

Stephanie Ashworth
Stephanie Ashworth

About
hey!! I'm steph!! i love to read and write and i hope you like my stuff!! more..

Writing