The Scent of Yesterday

The Scent of Yesterday

A Poem by KAREN
"

Memories of a past love!

"
I will always remember the scent of yesterday. The way it carries in the breeze makes me think of you. When I look into your eyes I see the melancholy, even when the sun’s rays sparkle, illuminating how much I love you. The thought that we cannot be close makes my heart ache more than the depth of the ocean. I cannot find peace in quiet moments because of the insurmountable pain. There were so many moments I hoped we would make it to the end, but since then we have become the end. Like two vipers in the wind, we are transparent to each other. All the marvelous days we spent together are memories of a time long ago. Sometimes I think I’m dreaming, as I sit under a fragrant tree where we met. I can almost feel your arms around me as I smell your scent from yesterday. Maybe that will die, too, in time.

© 2022 KAREN


Author's Note

KAREN
Thoughts please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like two snakes eating each other's memories. The wind can't separate them because they are locked together in the past. And they taste scent with tongues caught flickering in the sorrow of each other's tail. I like the images you paint in this poem.

I was looking for those stories and this title caught my eye. Got distracted

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
From love comes hate. The materialisation from a broken heart. But time soothes all pain. Nice work.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you for reading!
It was the title that first attracted me to this and I'm glad it did. Romantic, evocative and almost Pre Rahealite in that.
A wonderful experience.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
A sad piece of poetry, scent is our strongest inducer to memory so it is a long maybe forever before that can or may never go away… that makes it more sad

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
really great write!!!!! You should be really proud of this, because it is fantastic!

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
light and ashes

2 Years Ago

You are very welcome.
:)
a scent can be a very strong trigger of memories tucked away. both beautiful and sad but there is still hope. nice write, emotive with strong imagery ... :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
Very sad piece, lots of emotion in this...I like the idea of "we had become the end"---
And it is unfortunate that when two people part, they have to be vipers towards each other...that is poisonous.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
This is well written! I smell your scent from yesterday. Maybe that will die in time! So beautiful and sad!

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

You are welcome!
When love or a lover dies we mourn some of us to the ends of our body's life on earth. Do not let it be borrowed pain which is from Satan but a source of strength for your soul has grown. It always grows in headshipt defeating Satan's desire for us. Look forward to the year 2362 when only what Jesus says and does will take place and sin is a fairytale locked behind gates no one is allowed to partake of forever. Heaven, the place tomorrow comes from coming to earth heals all heartaches, all infirmities and all diseases. Live for tomorrow not yesterday but now as it comes. You will be well. Even if your memories are scents you can indulge it is still living in the past. Heaven is the future on earth. Leave to live in the future that is forever not the present that comes only to pass or the past where even the most treasured memories are torture and torment. Those are characters of hell. Reach for Jesus even in your most hauting moments and find him always with you and coming to you from heaven, the future.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
Wow, I felt this to an extent, sometimes I still sit and wonder about my first love, Many years have passed but sometimes it feels like yesterday.
I love how you wrote this with pure feelings.
I hope it passes!
Keep ggood!

~Amy

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you for stopping by!
Amy R

1 Year Ago

You're welcome!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2022
Last Updated on February 17, 2022
Tags: Love, Woman, Man, Scent, Yesterday

Author

KAREN
KAREN

Harrisville, MS



About
I love to write and cook! Me and my sister will soon be the author of a children's book titled Feelings Feelings Feelings, and a cookbook in the near future titled Two Heads In The Kitchen. I e.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..