Dear Husband of Mine

Dear Husband of Mine

A Poem by KAREN
"

A letter to a cheating husband!

"
                                                                               
I saw you yesterday with her.
Did you forget I was your woman?
You were under the oak tree kissing.
Your breath seductively caressed her lips.

Remember you proposed to me there?
It was Spring then and the tulips were
blooming in their vibrant colors of
red, orange and my favorite yellow.

Was it love I saw in your amber eyes?
Everything about her was elegant and alluring.
All the things I thought I was to you.
I thought I was your timeless existence.
Did you forget that, too?

The smile that dressed your lips,
and the way her arms enveloped you
said our vows were a lie.
My empty body hopes you'll be happy.

But if things fall apart,
you just remember this!
I am a woman of strength.
I am a woman deserving of love.
And I won't be your leftovers.
I will survive without you.


 

© 2022 KAREN


Author's Note

KAREN
Tell me what you think! Epistolary Poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this poem! I know how hard it is and how much it hurts to be cheated on. You are right though, things like this happen for a reason, to teach you to be a strong woman!

Posted 2 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
I like this poem! I know how hard it is and how much it hurts to be cheated on. You are right though, things like this happen for a reason, to teach you to be a strong woman!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Yes, as Mr. Yeats said, things fall apart. He also said the center cannot hold. What the center can do, however, is drop a lemon and find someone more worthy. It may take a wile to get over this guy, but in the end, he's just another lesson.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
I like the photograph that illustrates the heartbreaking story in this poem, which is beautifully told. When I got to the last stanza that begins with "If things fall apart, remember..." I thought "Oh she's going to offer to wait around. But he's undeserving of her. But instead your narrator declares herself a strong woman who won't be anyone's leftovers. I like that. And I hope this did not happen to you.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind review!
no one should be leftovers, ever.
Main entree, fresh, or nothing.
I like the idea of the empty body hoping.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
P>S> forgot to say that I love the artwork!!


Posted 2 Years Ago


I got chills all over from the first two lines..
This is such an emotional poem..and oh so so sad..I have been there...
I felt your poems first 4 verses were quite amazing, but I feel you could (and I am only saying this because you asked for true reviews..) could be better.. the last verse really doesn't feel the same..It just sounds like defence or spiteful..angry..
Maybe you do not even need the last verse.. just went back to read it again.. Until the last verse ..I loved it..
If you have time perhaps you might read mine..
Lisa, now in Spain

Posted 2 Years Ago


Lisasview

2 Years Ago

Oh gosh..sorry, yes last stanza.. I used verse..because of music...I think (and this is just me..tha.. read more
KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thanks for your nice review!
Lisasview

2 Years Ago

You are so welcome... Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with this lovely poem..
.. read more
'Dear Husband of Mine'
Karen,
I see by your author's note this is an 'Epistolary Poem'. You showed how a person can assimilate experiences in the form of a letter with the relationship laid out in emotion. Your poem surly did that. I noticed the things which were real to you in once known dynamics between you and this person. I especially liked your description of the location and the flowers and colors. This was difficult to read but that is what made it real. What is real is that I sensed the possibility of not harboring bitterness as you move forward. That is wonderful.
Bless you as you live, love and write.
Kathy


Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you kindly!
Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Karen,
You are welcome kindly! A little kindness goes a long way with me. Hope you keep stay.. read more
I think... Well, sadly, I sometimes think love is a lie. Without going into details, I find myself questioning everything. And to find strength when your world falls apart? You're an incredible woman! Good luck.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

Thank you!

If this is an autobiographical post .. you are one hell of a woman .. however, if this is a product of an amazing imagination .. then you are indeed one hell of a woman .. whatever the case might be .. you are more than deserving of the 100/100 rating I have this moment assigned thee ................. N :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


KAREN

2 Years Ago

WOW! Thank you so much!
Neville

2 Years Ago


you are more than welcome .. my pleasure entirely ..

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2022
Last Updated on March 12, 2022

Author

KAREN
KAREN

Harrisville, MS



About
I love to write and cook! Me and my sister will soon be the author of a children's book titled Feelings Feelings Feelings, and a cookbook in the near future titled Two Heads In The Kitchen. I e.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..